Casualties?

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

SgtChaudart

Casualties?

Post by SgtChaudart »

In the stat, is that wounded are counted in the casualties?
Or it's only the dead?
Vic

RE: Casualties?

Post by Vic »

Though the nomenclatura uses the term "KILLED" in the combat detail screen you should see the lost troops as representing a combination of KIA, WIA, GONE AWOL and MIA.

best regards,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
hank

Post by hank »

Speaking of casualties ...

In the combat resolution pop up, I turn on the numbers in lieu of the roundels. When combat is finished I see the red numbers but I don't know for sure what they mean. Mostly they will be a small number but surely when they're referring to infantry, those mean something different from numerical losses. With armored units, I'm assuming its pieces of equipment lost (but I could be wrong).

Also, in the combat pop up: what does it mean when the icons jump from the center to the side (left for attacker; right for defender)? Even when Attacker Wins, sometimes the icons jump to the left regardless. Obviously when the text says retreat the unit retreats the hex but sometimes the defender icons jump to the right but stay in the hex.

And in the Artillery or Air Strike box the icons jump left or right and sometimes they don't.
Plus, there's not much information on how effective the strikes result were.
(plus plus, like the comment above, I assume the red numbers are the number of planes I lost ... ?)

This is like having a graphic defining all the info on the unit counters (I've requested elsewhere); some brief explanations of this combat pop up would help me understand what's happening. The manual does not go into much detail on this topic.

I know the Details tab will show me a wealth of information on casualties but its so full of details its almost confusing to me. I like the simple succinct approach better.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
GBS

Post by GBS »

I second what Hank is requesting. I would like to know what is going on under the hood so to speak. Hope Vic responds.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”