security trains

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

bairdlander2

security trains

Post by bairdlander2 »

What is the purpose of these,what are they used for?
bcgames

RE: security trains

Post by bcgames »

I don't know what the real purpose is for these units but I use them for rear area security.
D.Ilse

Post by D.Ilse »

in reality

Security and mobile rapid artillery assets(speaking of calibres 75-150mm, not railway cannons like the K5 28cm).
Chocolino

Post by Chocolino »

In the game I use the trains also to open rail lines in the back of hexes that have been left under the opponents control while my own units advanced elsewhere. I don't want to waist the time of critical front line units to perform this task.

Especially in eastern Netherlands, it is easy to leave larger areas under Dutch control while there are actually no Dutch units there. The trains then open up the crucial rail links.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: D.Ilse

in reality

Security and mobile rapid artillery assets(speaking of calibres 75-150mm, not railway cannons like the K5 28cm).

You can't use them like this in the game though.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”