Hello! :)

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

martinservioli

Hello! :)

Post by martinservioli »

Hi My name is Martin. [:D]

I am designing a Malvinas/Falklands scenario.

I found that many of the orbat included for AR are not accurate as I need in order to model a 2016 version of the south atlantic area.

The scenario is based on a future hypotetical conflict due natural resources. [:(]

I need to implement some changes in payloads of different systems.

As a military forum reader I have to ask if someone could help me to implement some modifications that I need or at least tell me how can I do this changes.

For example:

A brand new weapon were added in FAA and it was homologated in diferents systems. A4AR, Mirage Finger, and super etendard.
It is a Jassm type popularly named DARDOS2 and as far as we know it is similar to a AGM-158 JASSM.
Another issue is that many of MIIIEA are wired and capable to fire AIM-9M8 Sidewinders

Some mirage IIIEA/fingers (formely Daggers) in a tipical AAW mision should carry 2 x aim9-m + 2 DEFA + 3 1300ltrs fuel or 2 1700lt + 1 1300ls on LR AAW.
Also there are pictures (a few ones) showing Mirage Fingers (Daggers) carrying 1 DARDOS 2 in early testings.

A4-AR Fightinghawks stand off payload could be 2 aim9m + 1 DARDOS 2 or (AGM-158 JASSM) + 2 20mm + 2 external fuel tanks. An other change is also needed because A4AR carry as far as I can tell an ECM suite (probably ALQ-176 V2).

Can anyone help me to made these changes? [&o]

Thanks a lot! [:)]
Martin

Little Beavers

RE: Hello! :)

Post by Little Beavers »

Hi,

You probably need to get the H3RE editor.  The ingame editor is a good tool for on the fly testing but is too bulky for large scale changes. 

I would look very hard at future aircraft for Argentina in your scenario.  By 2016, the first of the new British carriers are supposed to enter service and the F-35 with it.  That plane will outclass Daggers and Skyhawks all by itself.  Also don't forget submarines.

martinservioli

Post by martinservioli »

Hi Little Beavers,

Thanks for your answer.
I know that would be hard and that is the challenge of the scenario.
Be sure I am quite aware
In fact the challenge is how to operate in such disadvantage. But first some changes have to be made in order to make it as realistic as posible.
When it finished I will share with the community.
Regards!
Martin
uncleharpoon

Post by uncleharpoon »

Martin

There is supporting information on our Wiki, and on some of the 3rd party sites that have to do with some of the calculations to convert real world data into game database data.

We document this in the PDF manuals you received in the game, and we did (and continue to) update the manuals as we go forward.  Right now we are working on updating some spreadsheets to help with fuel consumption.

Having said that - keep in mind that your guess is just as valid as another player's.   The traditional sources for data are: Janes, Weyer's and Couhat's.  Some of these may be available in your public library.  Note - THEY don't agree w each other.  This is something that Mr. Bond and Capt Carlson (our modeling sources and creator's of the game system) point out all the time.   Even the military professionals disagree on "real world" values.  I know because folks who do US Navy and US Air Force and Royal Navy modeling have told me so!  So give it your best shot and go forward. Plus, a manufacturer's claims may or may not be true in the combat zone.

So you give those your best shot and ENJOY!

martinservioli

Post by martinservioli »

Hi everyone! [:)]

I´ve just contacted Herman Hum and got all the units I need added.  Thanks to everyone for their help.

cheers!

Martin [:)]
FreekS

Post by FreekS »

Hi Martin,

A modern version of Malvinas/Falklands will be great fun. I have built a battleset "Falklands" over the past zear with a mix of realistic and hypothetical scenarios and it was great fun doing. I look forward to your scenarios!

Freek
martinservioli

Post by martinservioli »

FreekS
 I just sent u an PM [:D]
FreekS

Post by FreekS »

Thanks! The image looks pretty awsome! Looks like UK in charge of the islands in your scen?

Look forward to the whole thing!

Freek
martinservioli

Post by martinservioli »

Hi Freeks!

Yes, in this scn UK is in charge of them.
The whole scn I am testing is something like this...
(Hypotetical)
1) UK breaks the "status quo" and starts to explore and  exploit new Oil sources recently found. (Sea Guardian Exploration Plattaform & Sea Lion 1 and 2 sources.)
2) AR claims that UK has no rights in AR´s natural resources.
3) The tension increases, AR mantains a couple of OPV´s in order to prevent illegal fishing in EEZ. (lots of fishing dhows) as usual...
4) PNA Derbes OPV starts to procecute some contacts inner 200 nm as usual again... [:-]
5) Contacts do not answer to OPV requests to stop and start heading towards HMS Clyde patrol zone.
6) According to international sea laws Derbes continues prosecution of the contacts until Clyle cross her pass in order to protect FKL´s based fishing boats.
7) Clyde fires in an attempt to stop Derbes´ path but Derbes continues.
8) Clyde recieves order to stop Derbes firing to ther engines. Derbes answers.
9) Both impacted Clyde calls for help and HMS York and HMS Chatham answer. Similar situation with AR, Derbes calls ARA Drummond for help.
7) UK finds unnaceptable the situation and delivers a 2 Linxes to complete the job both with Derbes and Drummond.
8) Derbes is destroyed and Drummond heavly damaged try to return to mainland.
9) All forces in both sides increase their alerts and prepare for a confrontation.
10) AR strikes first (Mnt. Kent, Mnt. Alice,Byron Hights radar facilities, Mnt. Pleasant base, Christal Command and also Uk´s surface vessels around. (HMS Chatham, HMS York, Hms Portland, Hms Cornwall, Hms Clyde and HMS Scott.
11) Argentine TF sails towards FKL with the intention of retake and SUBS are delivered to some patroll zones.
12) With this major move UK is free to strike Argentine bases in mainland and vital infrastructure. (TLAM)
13) AR retakes FKL and UK sends a major TF to re-retake [:D] FKL and also take advantage to land in order to occupy AR side of Tierra del Fuego landing near Rio Grande and push southwards to overwhelm Ushuaia and killing 2 ducks in one shot.[:D]
11) AR side must prevent these to happen at all cost.

This is a very short brief... 

Cheers
Martin

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”