Fatal Accident

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

hellfirejet

Fatal Accident

Post by hellfirejet »

I have been asked to inform this web forum by my sister in-law off the death of my younger brother Graham ( hellfirejet ).
While out walking he was struck by a drunk driver and suffered massive internal injuries,it has been a terrible shock to all the family.I know all about his love for these strategy games by Matrix and all the art he has done and was still working on for War Plan Orange,but while going through some of his documents he speaks of his love for Empires in arms as well,though it troubled him how his beloved navy was for the most part ignored by the game,and how he would love to incorporate far better naval rules,he was always young at heart and full off fun,he will be in our hearts always.

Jim Bennett.
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Yearworld

RE: Fatal Accident

Post by Yearworld »

Very sad to hear this but thank you for letting us know. Graham(hellfirejet) will be greatly missed by us here at the EIA forums. Hopefully someday the game will be capable of the advanced naval rules Graham wanted to use.

Yearworld(Kevin)
Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

Mr Bennett:

Your brother Graham was a very valuable member of this community and he will be dearly missed. What is more, I really enjoyed our personal interactions. He always had insightful commentary and the greatest spirit.

With condolences,

Varick Ready
LtCol, USMCR
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Graham will be missed on this forum. He was one of the great personalities here that made it the place to go for insights on this game and the struggles of the 1800's. I am very saddened to hear of your loss.
Cunctator

Post by Cunctator »

In morte fratris Hellfirejet,

Requiem aeternam dona ei Domine et lux perpetua luceat ei, requiescat in pace. [/align] [/align]Amen[/align]
- Scutum Romae -
"Gladius et Scutum Romae" appellabantur. Hannibal se recepit, Marcellus expugnavit Syracusas, Cunctator Capuam. Postremo Quintus Fabius Maximus expugnavit Tarentum.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Mr Bennett:

This is absolutely terrible news and my family prays for healing! Graham was a very valuable fan of the game! He gave me some very good arguments on the naval side which could be in the game eventually!

He will be missed!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Zap

Post by Zap »

Marshall Ellis,

I think this should be posted in the General discussion forum. I believe he participated there as well.

Will you do it?

My condolences to the family of Graham
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Hi Zap
I think this was already done by Graham's brother, at least for the forums where Graham was active.
ORIGINAL: Zap

Marshall Ellis,

I think this should be posted in the General discussion forum. I believe he participated there as well.

Will you do it?

My condolences to the family of Graham
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

Sorry to hear, my condolences

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”