Staus?

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

siRkid

Staus?

Post by siRkid »

So, where are you in the development?
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Gil R.

RE: Staus?

Post by Gil R. »

Programming more than 95% done; maps not finished; good progress being made with OOB's/scenarios.

Next step in terms of testing is to get victory conditions working properly, something we couldn't do until the rules and many other coded elements were firmly in place. (Then we'll have to make sure the AI knows about those victory conditions and cares about them...) Plus I have to churn out a lot more scenarios for us to test.

We're hoping to have it out by the end of the year, but it will be tight.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
siRkid

Post by siRkid »

Thanks!
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

We're hoping to have it out by the end of the year, but it will be tight.

I do believe that you are hoping, but I do not believe for an instant that it will be out at the end of the year.  HOWEVER, it is OK by me anyway.  Take your time...

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn »

Hi. ¿Any idea when you could be able to show us some screenshots? [;)]
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

It's still a month or more off. We're testing using some rather ugly space-holder graphics, so the lack of final maps doesn't hold back the process overall. But it would certainly be nice to have them.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Reiryc

Post by Reiryc »

bump....
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

No news in particular. Pixelpusher is working on the maps, which is absolutely crucial. I'm close to finishing a revamped Williamsburg standard scenario, the completion of which will be a big step.

Trust me, I'm eager to reach benchmarks of progress that I can share with all of you, but the game is still on a low simmer. But progress is indeed being made!
TSkoopCRP

Post by TSkoopCRP »

I'm quite interested to see how this pans out. I was alarmed that the follow on project had no strategic layer like FOF (my favorite ACW game BTW), but I will have to wait and see...my be pleasantly surprised.

Honestly I would ahve been happy with a revamped / more detailed/ better graffics / updated tactical battles bolted on to the current FOF strategy layer and just call it FOF GOLD or something.

Like I said, I will have to see how this developes with an open mind, and set aside biases toward FOF.

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”