Alternate WNT Scenarios (v11 Released)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mariandavid

RE: Alternate WNT Scenarios

Post by mariandavid »

Brock 007: Very interesting comments.

I especially agree with you over the 'historical' force balance. Just to add to the comments on the naval disparity, the land unit disparity, counting the UK/Commonwealth/India alone is in reality much greater than normally seen in the game. The 'chance of taking India' exists solely because the British (like the Americans and rightly so) regarded the German/Italian grouping as being a much greater threat, in the long term, than Japan. So when Burma was being taken and India and Ceylon were under attack the British still retained in the Middle and Near East a fully equipped and experienced Indian force that alone was more powerful than anything the IJA had available. (this was the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 10th Indian Infantry and the 31st Indian Armoured Divisions. The first two having a real claim to being the best Allied infantry divisions of the war, measured in terms of length of combat and success).

So I (apart from my love affair for BB's and CV's) I most enjoy scenarios that boost the Japanese - as much as possible!!

goodboyladdie

Post by goodboyladdie »

Can anyone direct me to the most up to date releases please? I am thinking of diving into this and dragging a friend with me, so would appreciate not having to restart...

Many thanks

Carl

Art by the amazing Dixie
JuanG

Post by JuanG »

Those on the first page of this topic are the most recent - the second generation set of scenarios are still in (slow) development because of the limited time I can spare to them. The Enhanced CV Variant is the most 'up to date' so to speak, as it was the last released, so it has a little more polish then the others.

If you have any trouble with downloading or installing them, let me know and I'll try to help if I can.
Akos Gergely

Post by Akos Gergely »

Since Juan is a bit busy these days I started the Ultimate B mod against the AI and I have to say it really puts the game in a new perspective. First and foremost I get a lot of meaningful surface combat and the CVs are much toned down to the level they should be.

Still the most important is that surface combat is really enjoyable and realistic and gives a whole new perspective....uhhh-ohh where did I put my 18" gunned BBs :D ?

So Bravo Zulu to Juan again [&o]!

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”