-archive switch

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DaveConn

-archive switch

Post by DaveConn »

I had never really thought about this before, but does the "-archive" switch on a shortcut just work with a subdirectory named "archive", or can you match the directory name in the switch to different subdirectories. For example, could I use a shortcut with a "-archive1" switch to send reports to the archive1 subdirectory, and and a shortcut with a "-archive2" switch to send reports to an archive2 subdirectory?

If not, how do those of you with multiple games going manage where the reports are kept? (I know, I can move them around manually, just looking for a better way for lazy guy!)

Any help appreciated; thanks!

--Dave
USSAmerica

RE: -archive switch

Post by USSAmerica »

Dave, I have no idea if it works that way, but it's a fantastic idea!  [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

The switch -archive just puts the files in the directory called 'archive'. It does not support various directories.

Suggestion would be to move any files in the 'archive' to the appropriate sub-directory after each turn.
Michael
DaveConn

Post by DaveConn »

Thanks. Michael, that is what I figured; I was just hoping for an easier way!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Well, you could do as I and some others do, make a separate directory for each game we are playing. Then none of the files get mixed.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”