Opponets needed UK

Post requests for multiplayer games here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

vj531

Opponets needed UK

Post by vj531 »

I'm looking for opponent.
All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM
Phoenix100

RE: Opponets needed UK

Post by Phoenix100 »

hey Sharper. You still want an opponent? I would like to give MP a try, though I have no idea how to and have never done it before. let me know.
vj531

Post by vj531 »

Hi phoenix

Ok sounds like fun.

I'll be honest I have not played for a good while.

but if we start of slowly why not.

Lets give it a go!

PS where are you and when do you prefer to play? I prefer during the day and am in the UK.
All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I'm in brussels.
j.connor@skynet.be
maybe we can arrange it via email?

adek670

Post by adek670 »

hi fella,

I'm in UK. Twickenham

ping me an email

Ade
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Hey Ade,

Maybe we can hook up for a game in the New Year. Everything is a bit tight at the mo, what with Christmas and all.

What is your email and I'll contact you in the New Year, if you're still on for a game then. Stephen (Sharper) is up for head to head too. You could try him.

John
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

I'm also interested in some H2H action. I'm on Barcelona, Spain, so we're all more or less on the same TZ. I just need to get hold of hamachi again.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Hi to all playing multiplayer. Could I ask a favour and request that you consider doing a MP AAR to show off to others just how much fun playing MP really is. It doesn't have to be too sophisticated, just some screen dumps and text. The text could focus on the key decisions you face and make and their conseqauence. Of course remarks about your opponent will invariably find their way in and that's good to. [;)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
dougb

Post by dougb »

I'd like to try multi-player and also use skype for voice com while playing - think this would be a blast. Not in the UK unfortunately.

Doug
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: dougb

I'd like to try multi-player and also use skype for voice com while playing - think this would be a blast. Not in the UK unfortunately.

What TZ doug?

BTW, I was indeed considering to make a MP AAR, but I was worried having to stop the game too often (every hour or so) to take the screenshots and archive them properly for future reference. On the other hand, having to use a notebook to take notes will be a refreshing change :-)
dougb

Post by dougb »

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek

What TZ doug?

BTW, I was indeed considering to make a MP AAR, but I was worried having to stop the game too often (every hour or so) to take the screenshots and archive them properly for future reference. On the other hand, having to use a notebook to take notes will be a refreshing change :-)

GMT -5 same time zone as US East Coast. I live an hour west of Toronto.

Doug
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

I think we're speaking about the same topic through two different channels :)
vj531

Post by vj531 »

Hi All

I'm going to start up playing H2H again in the new year with Phoenix mainly in the mornings.

But maybe able to fit in an afternoon game between 2-5pm weekdays.

I'm in Feltham UK - PM me if you are interested.

All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM
dougb

Post by dougb »

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek

I think we're speaking about the same topic through two different channels :)

LOL yeah I thought so!

Doug
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

I am also looking for games - UK based.

Sharper I threw you a PM.
grab

Post by grab »

Just getting into this game. Would like to try a multi player. I'm in Southampton, UK
System, Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, Windows 10 Professional, 32 GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I'll be up for MP in New Year (after the patch). I'm in Brussels (one hour ahead of UK, same as Barcelona, I think) Quite a few of us interested now, it seems. We surely should be able to do a nice AAR.

Hamachi, Bletchley? Don't even know what it is. Do we need it? Stephen and I seemed to be able to play without any special software no probs (well, there were probs as to which of us could host etc, and I had to do the port forwarding thing on my router - but all solveable).
vj531

Post by vj531 »

sounds like a good idea after the patch.

I will need a quick refresher course on how to loose with style [8D] Haven't played for about six months[&:]
All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM
Yakstock

Post by Yakstock »

Anyone still playing live? I am looking for a few opponents - let me know by forum or at gstockbridge@comcast.net
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: phoenix

I'll be up for MP in New Year (after the patch). I'm in Brussels (one hour ahead of UK, same as Barcelona, I think) Quite a few of us interested now, it seems. We surely should be able to do a nice AAR.

Hamachi, Bletchley? Don't even know what it is. Do we need it? Stephen and I seemed to be able to play without any special software no probs (well, there were probs as to which of us could host etc, and I had to do the port forwarding thing on my router - but all solveable).

Wow, this message has been waiting here for quite some time, phoenix.

I moved to OZ back in June 2012... time flies [X(] So now my TZ is somewhat more inconvenient, I'm afraid [:(]

Regarding Hamachi, it's basically a VPN emulator. It's mostly designed for multiplayer games with more than two players (say, Europa Universalis and the like) but it's quite convenient when your ISP keeps changing your IP. On the other hand, over the last year I saw I've seen an increasing number of reports on the Internets about Hamachi interferring with some games. So I'd advise to stay away from it, for the time being.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”