Old Scenarios

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Kipper

Old Scenarios

Post by Kipper »

Hi All

This is more like a new game than a mere update!

Can I use scens for older versions using the load and save in the editor trick or do I need to take that step?

Thanks!

Kipper
ralphtricky

RE: Old Scenarios

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Kipper

Hi All

This is more like a new game than a mere update!

Can I use scens for older versions using the load and save in the editor trick or do I need to take that step?

Thanks!

Kipper
There shouldn't be any difference between loading to play and loading into the editor. If the scenario is Pre COW, I think you need to load it into COW first and save it before loading into TOAW 3.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
1_Lzard

Post by 1_Lzard »

Pre-acow scen.s need to be patched to whatever thier final patch number was befor loading to acow editor......minor detail, eh?

Get some, Ralph! [&o]
"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: 1_Lzard

Pre-acow scen.s need to be patched to whatever thier final patch number was befor loading to acow editor......minor detail, eh?

Get some, Ralph! [&o]
I'm not 100% sure that step is necessary, but it definitely won't hurt! Opart 3 should be able to read scenarios all the way back to the beta of volume 1 of opart, so there's obviously a bug there, it just hasn't risen to the top of the fix heap!
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
1_Lzard

Post by 1_Lzard »

I'll admit I've not tried this with the beta, Ralph, but it USED to be necessary..........
"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

It probably still is. Luckily there is a fantastic community here so I haven't had to fix it.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Speaking of old scenarios I just downloaded this game again and was looking for a couple, one was made years ago for TOAW II I think by a guy named Trey Marshall and it was based on a board game, it was like a scenario pack depicting WW3, one was a global map and then there were scenarios for the diff theaters. For the life of me I cannot remember what it was called.

Also there was a scenario based on the Balkan wars that took place before WW1 and I cannot find them either.

Any help would be appreciated.

-V
[center]Image[/center]
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

ok found the ww3... named Third World War lol.... still looking for the Balkans tho.
[center]Image[/center]
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

ok got them all. didnt realise they were in the classic toaw folder. [8|]

anyways, sorry to hijack the thread.

peace
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”