Panzer Command: Ostfront Full Feature List

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

D.Ilse

RE: Panzer Command: Ostfront Full Feature List

Post by D.Ilse »

This will get me to install PC:K on the new HD.

actually the 4.Pz campaign has my interest too.

And Pzkpfw.II Cs
Kineas

Post by Kineas »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Enlarge the displayed unit model size for improved visibility

Is this the equivalent of the Shift-C in Combat Mission, i.e. all units on the screen will be scaled by a factor?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, that's pretty much exactly how it works.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

See post 20, 21, 22 in the screenshot of the day thread.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Kineas

Post by Kineas »

woot!
steveh11Matrix

Post by steveh11Matrix »

Could someone point me at the PC Requirements page for this? It's starting to sound like something I really, really ought to have...

/Edit/ NM I just found it. D'Oh!
"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci
Beany

Post by Beany »

I just want to congratulate everyone who has been involved in the development of this game. You are all to be congratulated. I cannot wait to get my hands on the game!!

A quick question regarding armoured units. Are you able to orientate the turret away from the longitudanal axis of the vehicle? There are times when a platoon is travelling in column where I like to have each second tank concentrating to the left or right of the direction of travel. That is the first tank looking front right quarter, second tank left front quater, third tank right front quarter etc. If this is possible how does it impact on sighting of enemy units for the vehicle?

Looking forward to your reply.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Chorlto

I just want to congratulate everyone who has been involved in the development of this game. You are all to be congratulated. I cannot wait to get my hands on the game!!

A quick question regarding armoured units. Are you able to orientate the turret away from the longitudanal axis of the vehicle? There are times when a platoon is travelling in column where I like to have each second tank concentrating to the left or right of the direction of travel. That is the first tank looking front right quarter, second tank left front quater, third tank right front quarter etc. If this is possible how does it impact on sighting of enemy units for the vehicle?

thanks Chorlto.

turret rotation is under the control of the TacAI. however, if you are moving forward and sight an enemy target to the left or right, your turret will turn to engage it. You can also issue facing orders during your orders and reaction phase.

Sighitng is handled using sighitng factors and LOS rays. there are various things that affect sighting and among those are whether your unit is moving, and how fast, whether you are buttoned or not, and it is influenced by whether the target is in your front arc.

thanks
Rick
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Actually, with the tanks basically blind except to the forward view and no chance to see an enemy outside that view, I would think turret facing control to some extent would be important.  Espcially with a game that thrives on platoon orders and formations.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Sorry, you can't do that. That type of move is usually used by a road column.
But, you hardly every move in a column as you know the enemy is within the limits of the map so usually the tanks deploy in linear formation.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Actually, with the tanks basically blind except to the forward view and no chance to see an enemy outside that view, I would think turret facing control to some extent would be important.  Espcially with a game that thrives on platoon orders and formations.

Tanks aren't blind. They just see better in front of them than they do to the sides or behind them. Like in real life.

A lot of thought and testing went into what tanks could and could not see. Better that you are not buttoned up.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Pford

Post by Pford »

There are times when a platoon is travelling in column where I like to have each second tank concentrating to the left or right of the direction of travel. That is the first tank looking front right quarter, second tank left front quater, third tank right front quarter etc.

Trying to picture this, Chorlto. But the image keeps coming up a bit fruity.[;)]
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

ORIGINAL: Pford

There are times when a platoon is travelling in column where I like to have each second tank concentrating to the left or right of the direction of travel. That is the first tank looking front right quarter, second tank left front quater, third tank right front quarter etc.

Trying to picture this, Chorlto. But the image keeps coming up a bit fruity.[;)]

In Steel Panthers it is possible, and desirable, but that is a IGOUGO Opfire game with hexes and one unit moves at a time.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

IRL, tanks in a combat area are supposed to travel the way Chorlto described.  Even in WW2, its SOP for a platoon to travel with weapons slewed to cover specific areas.

What I thought Eric said earlier is that a tank was blind to its back 180 deg.  So there is a chance to spot a tank to the rear?
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

IRL, tanks in a combat area are supposed to travel the way Chorlto described.  Even in WW2, its SOP for a platoon to travel with weapons slewed to cover specific areas.
The Germans traveled somewhat like that. It made some of the crew a little uncomfortable as the gun was directly over either the driver's hatch or the hull gunner's hatch.
What I thought Eric said earlier is that a tank was blind to its back 180 deg.  So there is a chance to spot a tank to the rear?
It's been changed a bit in PCO. There is a chance to spot to the rear or sides.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Pford

Post by Pford »

Photographic evidence? E.g., http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/340764-1/Panzer
Even if true, the game would require some kind of Cover Arc provision a la CM in order to reflect this policy.
Ron

Post by Ron »

ORIGINAL: Pford

Photographic evidence? E.g., http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/340764-1/Panzer
Even if true, the game would require some kind of Cover Arc provision a la CM in order to reflect this policy.

Take a closer look at those barrels, they are in travel mode - no enemy expected.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Thanks everyone for their replies. I would have liked to have had control over the direction of my turrets as it is nice to maintain turret locked on a position whilst manuveuring buts it no game breaker from my point of view. Your opponent is in the same position and tanks aren't blind to the sides and rear so I can live with the limitation. as I said you have all done a fantastic job of improving the PC series and I really cannot wait to get my hands on the update. Are we there yet?!
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

That was PC:OWS and PC:K. PCO has limited vision in 360 degrees.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Are we there yet?!

No, but we're closer then we were before.

Good Hunting.

MR

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”