A few questions

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Pete AU

A few questions

Post by Pete AU »

Having had a skim thru the rulebook I couldn't find anything to explain why reduced enemy units seem to gain/loose troops in blocks of 100 when you move your units closer or adjacent to them or indeed why after an air attack or bombardment some units actually gain troops rather than loose them or stay the same. Appreciate if somone could point me in the right direction for this one as it doesnt seem to make much sense to me.

Also

I've noticed when some some units get a retreat result - they seem to hold instead. Probably a ZOC or terrain thing - but couldn't find anything to explain it.

Cheers

Pete
"You don't have to tell me I'm right, we'll assume it".
Vic

RE: A few questions

Post by Vic »

hi pete,
ORIGINAL: Pete AU

Having had a skim thru the rulebook I couldn't find anything to explain why reduced enemy units seem to gain/loose troops in blocks of 100 when you move your units closer or adjacent to them or indeed why after an air attack or bombardment some units actually gain troops rather than loose them or stay the same. Appreciate if somone could point me in the right direction for this one as it doesnt seem to make much sense to me.

Its your recon level improving and thus having a better estimate of howmany troops are there in the unit.
I've noticed when some some units get a retreat result - they seem to hold instead. Probably a ZOC or terrain thing - but couldn't find anything to explain it.

Sometimes the attackers run out of AP at the same time as the defenders retreat. Resulting in a retreat but since the hex is not taken the defenders dont actually leave it.

hope this helps

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Pete AU

Post by Pete AU »

I see it - thanks.
"You don't have to tell me I'm right, we'll assume it".
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

ORIGINAL: Vic

hi pete,
ORIGINAL: Pete AU

Its your recon level improving and thus having a better estimate of howmany troops are there in the unit.

forgive me for taking this a little off topic, but I have to ask. Would it be possible to patch in a new unit to the game? If not, I would love to see a recon unit in the next release. The current use of air for reconnaissance is a nice feature, but having small recon units on the ground would be a really nice addition. Since they are highly mobile, I sometimes use my engineers to "scout" way ahead of my formations when I don't have air assets available. They could be small maybe battalion in size, much like how the game currently has smaller Flak units attached.

Thanks!
WP

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

I like this idea as well. Scout?recon units of Bn or Regt size would add an extra flavour to the game. Perhaps with better spotting ability would nice as well.
Ron
Formerly Goodwood

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”