Playing action cards

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Josh

Playing action cards

Post by Josh »

This may seem obvious, but I just discovered this. Action cards can be played by the HQ's to their subordinate units, so I check the HQ what action cards it has available, what the situation on the frontline is, and where the subordinate units are ---> I do this by checking the coloured bar on the unit, right? HQ with a green bar has subordinate green bar units.
But, as is obvious as it's stated, the action cards can be played to any subordinate unit, meaning the HQ's higher in the echelon can use their actioncards for any subordinate unit too. But they *can* have different coloured bars. You can check that easily by checking out the OOB, or press "F4".

My point, highlight all subordinate units when you're clicking on a HQ. For the HQ bonus ofcourse, but also to make it easy to see which units you can play a card on, even if they have a different coloured bar.

Hm, maybe this should be in the wish list.
Barthheart

RE: Playing action cards

Post by Barthheart »

This true, the higher the HQ the more units it can affect.

So II Corps HQ can only play cards on divisions in IICorps.

4th Army HQ can play cards on any division in all the Corps in that Army.

Army Group North HQ can play cards on any division in all the Corps in all the Armies in that Group.

OKH HQ can play cards on any division since it is the highest HQ.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Dunhill_BKK

RE: Playing action cards

Post by Dunhill_BKK »

That's cool I didn't notice that in my small scenario.

I really like the netherland's flooding card that changed the map, great feature.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”