v7.1 upgrade application

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
underhill

v7.1 upgrade application

Post by underhill »

How do I apply the SPWAW v7.1 upgrade patch to SPWAW 7.1
Supervisor

Post by Supervisor »

It's an auto install application. Downloaded it, if it's zipped, unzip to a temp directory. Run the application, during the installation path verification you'll need to remove the space between Matrix Games(MatrixGames) for the patch to be applied properly.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

ok I didnt read any instructions, I unzipped 7.11 to my spwaw main folder and it asked me if I wanted to overwrite oob#... to which I said yes to all.
It seemed to work fine. Havent had anything weird except for a scenario i dled from wargammer. (eng units appeared as trucks.)
Will this pop up later as a problem?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Supervisor

Post by Supervisor »

7.11 is not an official update to SPWAW, it is just some newer updated OOB's for use with SPWAW 7.1. Which you did install correctly. Units that appear as icons are usually due to an outdated scenario, the game automatically gives the icon display of a HT(halftrack) when it doesn't know what icon to associate to the unit. If your running SPWAW 7.1 with the 7.11 OOB's you'll be fine as most of us are using these newer OOB's.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”