DCG Turn Advancement

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Flak88

DCG Turn Advancement

Post by Flak88 »

I've been getting the itch to play East Front again after a couple of years. Great game. Is there a way to modify how quickly a DCG advances the turns. I remember playing for hours and hours only to advance game time 1 or 2 days at a time. It's alright for a while, but I'd like to speed things up a little so it I can complete the campaign in a resonable amount of time. Thanks.
Jason Petho

RE: DCG Turn Advancement

Post by Jason Petho »

There is a document in the Manuals folder which tells you how you can edit a DCG.

In this document, you will see you can edit the dates on how often you play in a particular campaign.

Jason Petho
Flak88

Post by Flak88 »

Thanks Jason, I'll take a look.
Flak88

Post by Flak88 »

I found the file - very nice work by Simonitch.

I'm trying to locate the .dat files he lists - specifically the Location.dat. I'm having trouble finding one specific to my DCG. I have one that seems to be general (simply called Location.dat and not Flak-Location.dat or Barbarosa South-Location). Is this the file I need to modify? If not, any idea where I can find that bugger?

Thanks.
Flak88

Post by Flak88 »

Update. I made a copy of the Location file and modified it. Success!! I was able to change the frequency of battles from every couple of days to about 1 per week. It sure makes the DCG go faster without losing any of the fun.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Flak88

Update. I made a copy of the Location file and modified it. Success!! I was able to change the frequency of battles from every couple of days to about 1 per week. It sure makes the DCG go faster without losing any of the fun.

Excellent news!

Glad you are enjoying yourself!

Jason Petho

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”