Some commnts about 3.4

This forum is for feedback on any Public Beta updates. Feedback and issues related to official releases should go in the Support forum. All Beta version feedback and issues should go here.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

SMK-at-work

Some commnts about 3.4

Post by SMK-at-work »

1/ I have to say I don't like the double-click-to-plan-an-attack.

Often I'll just be looking through he enemy stack & it will go to the plan attack dialogue.

Also occasionally double clicking an empty hex brings up an empty dialogue.

Double clicking is a common occurrence for me - what with old age & turettes...;) ...I don't want it to do anything that is no that common (sure I plan attacks every turn...but often only 1 or a few....double clicks are a lot more common!)

2/ Why does it go to the next unit when I've moved a unit? I usually want it to stay on the selected unit. I guess this may be something in a previous version I haven't noticed?

3/ What's happened to the "move entire group" option?

Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
larryfulkerson

RE: Some commnts about 3.4

Post by larryfulkerson »

Um.....I set my personal settings when I open TOAW III ver. 3.4 as reguards to sound ( battlesounds for background and sound effects "on" ) and I like to have the movement paths set on "floating".  So I set these settings and close TOAW.  I open TOAW again immediately before I do anything else and I find that my sound settings and movement paths setting are both not what I set them for.  Is there a way to save these settings in the "ini" file or something?
[smk asks:]
2/ Why does it go to the next unit when I've moved a unit? I usually want it to stay on the selected unit. I guess this may be something in a previous version I haven't noticed?

You have a menu option to turn this off.  It's "play"->"Player Options"->moving selects next unit (OFF )
[smk asks:]

I too would like to know what happened to this option. I used to use it a lot. Now I can't even find it.

Also, the new RBC rules are messing me up. I guess I'll have to get used to it but now whenever I select a fairly strong unit and hover over an adjacent weaker enemy unit sometimes the enemy unit does an RBC without my clicking on anything at all. Sometimes this isn't what I wanted to do and I have to hit the undo button.

If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Panama

Post by Panama »

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

Hold down the right mouse button for a bit at the destination hex. The menu will pop up. Holding down the right mouse button does alot of things, things you are used to seeing. Do it to an adjacent enemy unit and the old menu pops up. Just need a bit of patience. [;)]
alexzhz

Post by alexzhz »

Just 1 step can solve all your problems. [;)]
Go to "Play" menu, and then "Default Options" - "Classic Defaults ", you'll find everything familier, such as the way you plan an attack, the way you move your unit, and so on. Also there will be no tooltips.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Thanks for the tips folks :)
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori

Return to “Public Beta Feedback”