Time to buy?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

the1sean

RE: Time to buy?

Post by the1sean »

Yes, to all you lurkers, buy this game now! Its great fun, and the latest patch neatly rounds things out [:D]
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

I skipped the last Beta patch (might have been two) and I'm on my fourth day of a 1.0.6 game.

Wow - what a difference.
Quite a few tweaks and improvements.
The AI is actually expanding fairly well now and seems to have a decent amount of aggressiveness, even at "Normal" settings.

Right now I'd say the biggest change I'd like to see in the game is an expansion of Diplomatic options.
There's just a few things missing from this area that I think we really need.

There are still a few minor bugs/issues that I'm sure will be resolved, but overall I'd say I could really recommend this game if you're into 4x Space games.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Gertjan

Post by Gertjan »

I agree with the need of more diplomatic options!
Vector

Post by Vector »

I am on the fence as well. I am waiting for more modding options. Will they be in the expansion, or will modding abilities be made available in a patch?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”