Avaliability date and end date.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

invernomuto

Avaliability date and end date.

Post by invernomuto »

Hi,
there is something I am missing about Allied replacement system.
In my PBEM as Allies, I have:
B17D -> no replacement, no production
B17E -> 15 repl rate, no prod, avail date 42/1 end date 42/6
B17F -> 24 repl rate, no prod, avail date 42/8 end date 42/9
B17G -> 135 repl rate, 115 prod (WOW), avail date 45/9 [:(], end date 00/00

This means that I will receive only 24 B17F per month in 42/8 and 42/9 (total 48 B17F) and no B17 replacement until 45/9???

Sardaukar

RE: Avaliability date and end date.

Post by Sardaukar »

Because B-17s went to Europe, it is historical. You need to replace B-17s in Pacific with B-24s.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

invernomuto

Post by invernomuto »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Because B-17s went to Europe, it is historical. You need to replace B-17s in Pacific with B-24s.

Thanks.
I totally missed the avaliability end date for Allies :(
Now I have only two B17E and zero B17D in the replacement pool at mid June of '42.
Need to transfer my B17 squadron from front line bases immediately :(

USS Henrico

Post by USS Henrico »

The B-17E squadrons that appear for a month in May on the WC (historically the backup for the Japanese attack on Midway) can be withdrawn, which should give you a "surge" in B-17s replacements to cover until the B-24s can fill in the gaps. That was a pleasant surprise in my PBEM, because I had expected those squadrons to be forced to disband.
April 2, 1945. The USS Henrico, supporting the invasion of Okinawa, is struck by a Francis operating as a Kamikaze, killing 51. Among the wounded was the father of this poster.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

When do the B-24s replacements 'kick in'?
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Summer 1942, B-24 should start to arrive then, not having game in hand right now, but I think 6/42.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

USS Henrico

Post by USS Henrico »

7/42 in our game, CB. You'll see them soon. [:)]
April 2, 1945. The USS Henrico, supporting the invasion of Okinawa, is struck by a Francis operating as a Kamikaze, killing 51. Among the wounded was the father of this poster.
invernomuto

Post by invernomuto »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

You get 15 B-24D per month (so less then B-17F replacement [:(]) from 42/7 to 43/1, then 33 B-24D1 per month from 43/2. If I understood Allies production correclty, the B24D factory upgrades to B-24D1, so you'll get 48 B-24D1 per month in 43/2.
Consered also that B-17 and B-24 have a service rating of 4, Allied player has to be very careful with his 4Es air force from the beginning, paying attention to losses, because until 43/2 you have few replacements. My opponent has just bombarded Port Moresby with his battlewagons, I had 2 B-17 squadron there. OUCH!!!

Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

I assembled an Excel sheet a while ago that shows all allied plane production/replacements over time. This should come in handy for your question.
Find it here: tm.asp?m=2354142&mpage=1&key=&#2354142
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

You will be short of heavy bombers until about mid 1943. It is early 1943 for me and I still have about 10 HB units sitting around with no planes for lack of replacements. A lot of my front line units are getting thin-espeically the B17 units. Some are at 1/2 strength. After 2/43 it gets much better but still takes a while to fill up all of the squadrons. The B24s are good planes. A little less durable than the B17 but they make up for it with an increased bomb load and a little extra range.

In addtion, you will be producing the PBY liberator at about 18 planes a month starting in late 1942. However, there is only one navy squadron that can convert to them and you don't start to get PBY squadrons until 4/43! Well, at least you will have a pool built up. In a pinch, the squadrons can be used as heavy bombers but have so many other uses as well. Just a note. You need to start training some of your kingfisher squadrons on naval search and low naval so that these planes will be ready to use when they arrive. Also, make sure to train some recon pilots as well. It is embarrassing to get the planes and then realize you don't have any trained pilots...[:-]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”