Scenarios?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Halsey

Scenarios?

Post by Halsey »

So, is there a dynamic campaign for this?

Linked scenarios to play out the whole campaign?

Or, do you just have to go through the scenario selections, and play them one at a time?

Still debating whether to purchase the title.

Tell me what I'm missing if I don't.[:D]
Fred98

RE: Scenarios?

Post by Fred98 »

The Battle of the Bulge has been done to death in wargaming. I am surprised it was chosen in the first place.

There were many battles that together made up the “Battle of the Bulge”. Many of these battles are represented in the game and many of them you have probably never heard of before.

As a wargamer,you should find each battle is interesting.

No they are not joined in a strategic map to make “The Battle of the Bulge”. Did I mention it has been done to death?

I would hope the next game in the series is set in the Western Desert or the Eastern Front and the battles are joined in a strategic map.
-
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Bummer...

All the work put into this game and no linked campaign.[:(]

Maybe in a later patch then.
If they do, I'll buy the game.

I graduated from mini scenario games years ago.[;)][:D]
DanOppenheim

Post by DanOppenheim »

There's nothing mini about the scenarios. The game is about operational level command. I can't say I've ever missed the lack of link between one scenario and the next (although of course the scenarios are linked, being part of the same campaign, just not directly).

I'm far happier that Panther decided to hone the operational level game than worry about bolting on a fairly unnecessary campaign mode (although I can see the draw). It does what it does very well.

Return to “Command Ops Series”