Unit Specs

A turn-based strategy game like no other has landed. Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation. The game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive. Now with additional battles on the Western Front with the expansions 'Blitzkrieg France', 'Market Garden', 'Operation Husky', 'Sealion' and 'Rommel in Normandy'.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

frighteningfred

Unit Specs

Post by frighteningfred »

I have read through the manual and was hoping to see some unit specs. I would like to know the unit firing ranges for one and how the combat calculations are made. Perhaps the odds of your demise if you hunt rather than just move. Stuff like that. any info would be great.
Love the game.. Totally Awesome!
PipFromSlitherine

RE: Unit Specs

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

I'm looking at how to show these kinds of more advanced details within the game, but it's not a small task... :(

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Rom3l

Post by Rom3l »

as has been the issue?

(More data please).
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

The game abstracts a lot of the details. It is not a simulation (e.g. we compress the firing ranges into a non-linear set of data to keep the battles tighter and reduce the firing from offscreen). We also don't want to scare off the less hardcore players with walls of stats.

However, we have gotten a lot of feedback from those who would like to get more of the under the hood details, and so the next expansion will bring a number of improvements along these lines. In fact, you could say that the next expansion is something of a loveletter to our more hardcore players. It should contain pretty much everything that we know they love!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Battle Academy”