DaBigBabes Release

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Fletcher

RE: DaBigBabes Release

Post by Fletcher »

OSO,
Thank you very much for your quick replay ! [:)]
Kind Regards,
Ramón

WITP-AE, WITE
Fletcher

Post by Fletcher »

Downloaded !!
It´s great, thank you for the hard work, Amazing OOB :)
Best wishes,
Ramón

WITP-AE, WITE
JWE

Post by JWE »

Gracias por sus palabras buenas, Ramón.
Fletcher

Post by Fletcher »

JWE, su español es francamente mucho mejor que mi ingles !!

JWE, your spanish is so much better than my english :)

I take an eye on OOB both sides, I may to say that it´s a amazing work, I will take more time to explore devices and other changes.. Where can I get a complete list of changes for this Mod ? (Excuse me if you posted that in a former post!)

Best wishes (Los méjores deseos)
Ramón

WITP-AE, WITE
JWE

Post by JWE »

Ramón. Ah, no. Usted es demasiado bueno. Mi Español es de México y de Suramérica.

Para encontrar los cambios, usted debe explorar como Coronado. Pero usted debe explorar en Ingles.

There is much to see in the different Babes threads. I am very sorry I cannot say all that is necessary in all the languages that people wish. But I try to say it in terms that everyone should understand. If there are problems, please send a pm. I will try and explain better.

J
hbrsvl

Post by hbrsvl »

JWE-Hi-I'm just getting stareted on DaBigBabes. I've DLed v02 of 7/22/10. Where do I get patch 4? A link would be most helpful.

Also, is this a "tweek" or a major redo? Where might I go to see what's involved?

Must I do anything about activating "respawn?" If so, what,please, in detail, as I'm all thumbs when it comes to things like this.

Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
JWE

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl
JWE-Hi-I'm just getting stareted on DaBigBabes. I've DLed v02 of 7/22/10. Where do I get patch 4? A link would be most helpful.
Latest official Matrix update Patch-4.
tm.asp?m=2528547&mpage=1&key=
Also, is this a "tweek" or a major redo? Where might I go to see what's involved?
Just a tweak from the prior version. Vastly different from stock. Literally too many things to even think about trying to describe them. Most are discussed, at least conceptually, in the errata thread. Mainly, TO&Es redone; all AvSup substantially reduced and redefined; all NavSup substantially reduced and redefined; device data adjusted to fit the new TO&E model; new squad types added; new unit types added to use new squad types; Base Forces entirely redefined; and such like.
Must I do anything about activating "respawn?" If so, what,please, in detail, as I'm all thumbs when it comes to things like this.

Thanks, Hugh Browne
Yes.
Open chosen scenario in the editor.
Click the Scenario Tab button.
Put a check mark in the Use Respawn box.
"Save Scenario As" another scenario number - may want to type "- With Respawn" in the comment field so you know what it is when you bring up the scenarios in the game.
hbrsvl

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-In this mod, does anyone know how many AOs the Japanese start out with? I just sank 7 off Wake-this has got to put a big dent in their strategic abilities.

Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
JWE

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl
Hi-In this mod, does anyone know how many AOs the Japanese start out with? I just sank 7 off Wake-this has got to put a big dent in their strategic abilities.

Thanks, Hugh Browne
Same as always. Babes is not a 'what if' mod.

J
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Sorry to be impatient, but do you happen to have timeframe for next release? [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

A stupid question but is the link on the first page to the latest release?  I might have to do a restart and if I do, I might as well get the latest greatest version of an already GREAT scenario. 

Thanks for all your hard work.

Steve

JWE

Post by JWE »

Okay, okay. Coming soon. Been off doing fun IRL things at China Lake for the past few days and only had my laptop. Oooh, the fun little LIDAR things you guys are gonna see .. woof! Babes team has been doing wonderful things in the meantime. Give me a couple days to cough out the desert dust and pull it all together. Ciao.
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Okay, okay. Coming soon. Been off doing fun IRL things at China Lake for the past few days and only had my laptop. Oooh, the fun little LIDAR things you guys are gonna see .. woof! Babes team has been doing wonderful things in the meantime. Give me a couple days to cough out the desert dust and pull it all together. Ciao.

JWE, I have followed you going to some pretty neat places for fun times but I've been to China Lake and can't imagine anything nice to say about it, especially this time of year.[:D]

What the hell is a LIDAR (inquiring minds want to know)?
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

JWE -

that was the correct answer.... <sly grin>

Loyalist Mac
LAV-25 2147
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

JWE, I have followed you going to some pretty neat places for fun times but I've been to China Lake and can't imagine anything nice to say about it, especially this time of year.[:D]

Me too! (I am sure that the response will be good and original....)

Mac
LAV-25 2147
JWE

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan
ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

Me too! (I am sure that the response will be good and original....)

Mac
Not really original. Quite mundane actually. LIDAR stands for Light Detection and Ranging; also called LADAR for Laser Detection and Ranging. In our case, it's an optical imaging system. It acquires and displays a 3D image of whatever you point it at. We came up with a bunch of tricks to make it much smaller, and operate in 'quasi' realtime. The prime contractor was doing a technology demonstrator at China Lake and Fort Irwin, and since we were the developer and licensor, got an invitation to watch the show; probably in case something went wrong .. crap always gotta run downhill.

Yeah, China Lake suks, but they treated us real well. Fed us good and we had air conditioning in quarters. Only thing I hated was having to wear an international distress orange vest and one of those stupid orange hard hats. I whined, and bitched, and moaned, and pleaded, for a baseball cap like all the mil pukes were wearing, but .. no .. administrative regulations say that civilians must be protected in a military zone, and .. blah, blah, blah, blah. Vomit.

Irwin was a real hell hole, whoever put NTC there deserves a major medal. They were real nice too. They did give me a kevlar pot to wear instead of that stupid orange hard hat .. hmmm, was pretty sweaty, but looked cool; my respect for the guys and gals who have wear them all the time just went way up. All in all, had a real good time. Talked to lots of people on the line using the stuff. Good trip.
JWE

Post by JWE »

DaBigBabes_AE_Scen028_v03 : 09/04/10 : Full Campaign; Dec. 7 Start, and
DaBigBabes_AE_Scen029_v03 : 09/04/10 : Full Campaign; Dec. 8 Start

are now up and available at the top of the thread. Hopefully, this will be the last revision. It includes the latest and greatest stuff from "all" the different Teams. Anything that may appear in an eventual 'official' data patch is included.

Will continue to support it, of course, so will fix errors and ommissions on occasion, will fix glaring errors or gameplay problems much faster.

Ciao, and thanks for all ya'lls support for DaBigBadBabes.
vettim89

Post by vettim89 »

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

[:)]

Attachments
wave.gif
wave.gif (16.91 KiB) Viewed 45 times
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

JWE and the DaBigBabes Team -

"The Difficult We Do Immediately; The Impossible Takes a Little Longer"

V03: Absolutely Awesome!!

Quote:
Will continue to support it, of course, so will fix errors and ommissions on occasion, will fix glaring errors or gameplay problems much faster.

We would expect nothing less than excellence from the DBB Team <grin>

“We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence then is not an act but a habit”

Quote:
Ciao, and thanks for all ya'lls support for DaBigBadBabes.

No, Sir, Thank YOU for all that has been done. I can ease up on lighting all those candles.....

Babes Loyalist Mac
LAV-25 2147

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”