I hate tigers

A turn-based strategy game like no other has landed. Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation. The game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive. Now with additional battles on the Western Front with the expansions 'Blitzkrieg France', 'Market Garden', 'Operation Husky', 'Sealion' and 'Rommel in Normandy'.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I hate tigers

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

No I hate using them, not dealing with them.

Grrr my Tiger sits there 2 turns stalled, then can't shoot the butt end off of an Archer.

Next turn it yet again fails and dies to a common schmuck Sherman.

They are too slow, break down or bog too easily, and likely not worth the points to get eh.

Granted the game is realistic on some of those points. The Germanophiles are likely used to playing unrealistic wargames.

I am also finding Infantry are just fine at taking out armour.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Obsolete

RE: I hate tigers

Post by Obsolete »

The Tiger does indeed break down more than is realistic.  The arguement though, is trying to SIMULATE break-downs needs to be a much higher chance, to actually be FELT through the turns.  Having a LONG-SHOT odds of breaking down a Tiger seems to be a big no-no in game design.  That would be like the nuclear-explosion events in Civ III which we know now is a terrible game mechanic.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
jomni

RE: I hate tigers

Post by jomni »

Find it as game balancing factor.

Return to “Battle Academy”