Odds and Ends

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Jason Petho

RE: Patch Issues.

Post by Jason Petho »

I think this thread has run its course for a bit.

Time for a cool off.

I'll reopen it in the near future.

Jason Petho
Jason Petho

RE: Odds and Ends

Post by Jason Petho »

Keep it relatively civil, gentlemen.

Jason Petho

kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Keep it relatively civil, gentlemen.

Jason Petho

Thanks Jason for "re-opening" our film fest! [&o]

Hopefully our film making efforts will be received as intended... "tongue-in-cheek" and with some degree of "tough skin?" [:'(]

Announcement of our film fest re-opening! [:'(]

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/commu ... ccf5e.html
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: mwest

Hopefully our film making efforts will be received as intended... "tongue-in-cheek" and with some degree of "tough skin?" [:'(]

Ah they usually are.

The last little bit was a bit over the top though.

Jason Petho

kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Ah they usually are.

The last little bit was a bit over the top though.

Jason Petho

We have had a couple of "newcomers" to our sandbox... that added both excitement... and revved up things a few notches? [&:]

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

On an unrelated note... I've been trying to get an answer from Sean (For Liberty & 1848 Matrix Forum)... on Matrix's plan to continue support & development of this game title. Is he the correct Matrix rep to interface with?

I am unsure, but seems like a logical choice.

Jason Petho
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Thanks Jason! [&o]

Can't promise to always be good, but we can give it a go? [;)]

I thought I'd dip into a thought from another recent thread exchange and go classic movie time.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/creation-uk-70e31218a20fc025d05cb9f29030318d.html

Thanks again. We'll try to keep the litter box clean.

[:'(]

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Thanks again. We'll try to keep the litter box clean.

RR

May be a little tough for "kool kat" when it comes to a "clean" litter box? [:'(]

But we "more mature" [;)] film makers will try to keep things down?
Regards, - Mike

torpoint

Post by torpoint »

Bearing that in mind, all Members must agree to follow these simple rules:
No foul language or any type of language that would be consider abusive this includes any materials which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, sexual oriented, vulgar, obscene, hateful, harassing, profane, racist, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
No posting of any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by yourself or one of Matrix Games, its developers, or its agents.
No multiple message board accounts by a single person are prohibited.
No blatant advertisements for non-Matrix Games products, schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also prohibited from this message board. Users are allowed to include a web site address in a signature, request comments on their personal site in a social setting, or provide an interesting or relevant link to another site.
No Trolling. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the message board. Trolling could be directed towards one user or a group of users. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion; it only encourages personal attacks and will not be tolerated.
No Copyright Infringement posts. We do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please DO NOT post serial numbers or CD keys, copyrighted media or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information.
No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators or Matrix Games Staff. We will not tolerate any forum member acting in this manner.
Matrix Games will maintain a high-level decency standard on our message board.

Jason, I can't understand how certain people are still able to post so quickly as, I'm sure calling another member 'scum' and 'a turd' along with other insults, is totally in breach of the forum rules quoted above? Amazing that the thread is even reopened so quickly.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: torpoint

Jason, I can't understand how certain people are still able to post so quickly as, I'm sure calling another member 'scum' and 'a turd' along with other insults, is totally in breach of the forum rules quoted above? Amazing that the thread is even reopened so quickly.

"Sticks and stones..."?

The thread had been all in good fun, even though I am the subject of quite a few of the videos, I understand the context.

Of course, there are lines that shouldn't be crossed, but this is the only thread that has some additional freedom to it.

If I took offense to it, I wouldn't bother wasting my time on the thread... or watch the numerous videos. There are numerous other threads that could use constructive opinions upon.

Jason Petho
torpoint

Post by torpoint »

Hardly sticks and stones, Jason, more like personal abuse.
So,correct me if I'm wrong but, are you saying that 'some additional freedom' means the Forum rules can be bent to some degree?
What you seem to miss in the video is that, people's views in a debate are being ridiculed by a few via these videos. Eventually people stop bothering to waste time posting anything of merit because of this.
I spent a year creating a scenario design tool which I would have shared with the community but, from past experience I wouldn't bother now, not when a few would go the normal route and pull it to pieces and ridicule it, in a non-constructive manner.
I wonder how many others have been put off making contributions to the site because of that?
Anyway, it appears that varying levels of personal abuse are tolerated here.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: torpoint

Hardly sticks and stones, Jason, more like personal abuse.
So,correct me if I'm wrong but, are you saying that 'some additional freedom' means the Forum rules can be bent to some degree.
What you seem to miss in the video is that, people's views in a debate are being ridiculed by a few via these videos. Eventually people stop bothering to waste time posting anything of merit because of this.
I spent a year creating a scenario design tool which I would have shared with the community but, from past experience I wouldn't bother now, not when a few would go the normal route and pull it to pieces and ridicule it, in a non-constructive manner.
I wonder how many others have been put off making contributions to the site because of that?
Anyway, it appears that varying levels of personal abuse are tolerated here.

As the videos are not embedded in the post, a user has to make the informed decision to click on them if they wish to view them. Those that bother following this thread since the beginning (over two years ago) have a clear understanding that this thread has been for poking fun at the Matrix Campaign Series, Beta Brigade and the CS Legion. Yes, occassionally it has strayed from that, but I'm not here to hold hands and tell everyone how they should act. I do that in all of the other threads enough already.

To me, it makes more sense to let them have their freedom, at least I can see what is going on.

If highly inappropriate behavior persists, the thread is a button away from being deleted.

I'm sure noone wants that.

Jason Petho
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

"Anyway, it appears that varying levels of personal abuse are tolerated here." Some one's quote.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/v2/play.php?id=142673

There is plenty of game discussion going on in the many other threads for the Campaign Series area?
You chose a thread that evolved over two years that used sarcasm to poke fun at the game, developers, and various members (including myself). Except for that truly foul video by a "single post" forum member, all this has been is a place to have fun. [:)]

Please, I ask you as nicely as possible, post up a video (as the original andym root thread did) or post on the other normal threads. I do not want to see Jason delete this thread because of the actions of a "new" forum member that refuses to police himself.

We, those who have posted and made videos for so long, have been fine without this new volume of non-movie posts. And, guys (andym et al) if I am out of bounds including you in this comment let us know? [8|]

I feel like we are playing a basketball game and one guy comes to the park to play football, and he will not allow anyone else to play basketball, but we are not playing football with him. Then he calls the police to stop us from playing basketball and force us to play football. Even though it is a big park and he could play football anywhere else? [&:]

I think this is as good an analogy as could be formed on the spur of the moment. If I am wrong let me know? [:(]

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: andym

Oi,stop hijacking my bloody thread!Or i'll whup yo ass and knee you in the bleeding bollocks!

This was andym's reply to torpoint's posting. I even made a movie out of his words.

Can we just keep the fun going and have torpoint ignore it? It was never about him until he made it so?

RR
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Please... if this thread is not "your cup of tea" - then maybe it is best not to post or view it? As Jason and Ed pointed out... there are many other forum threads to view and comment on? [&:]

This thread has a long history... and was established to allow "film makers" to poke fun at CS in it's many forms.

Please don't tear this thread down with a "police action"... and force Jason to delete it? Allow us "frustrated film makers" a place to vent! [:'(]
Regards, - Mike

kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Can we just keep the fun going and have torpoint ignore it? It was never about him until he made it so?

RR

Agree! [8D]

Regards, - Mike

MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Ah, time for a musical (my favorite):

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/illustration-uk-8d873435c81e2910b9ce225a6e899903.html

mwest, I did not know you knew how to dance. [;)]

RR
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Ah, time for a musical (my favorite):

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/illustration-uk-8d873435c81e2910b9ce225a6e899903.html

mwest, I did not know you knew how to dance. [;)]

RR

Why yes... I can dance... and sing too! [:'(]

Regards, - Mike

kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Ah! More demands... from a very "demanding" gent! [:'(]

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/pub-u ... 35db0.html
Regards, - Mike

kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Jason finally has had enough with our "demanding" guest! [:'(]

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/graph ... d67fc.html
Regards, - Mike

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”