Beserkers - a mini-AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
xe5

Beserkers - a mini-AAR

Post by xe5 »

One of the side effects of zeroing out the Experience and Morale for all my teams in the *teams.txt file is the much higher incidence of soldiers going Beserk, Fanatic or Heroic. Here was one such incident at Oss...

1. Lassen is hit by enemy fire. Sculley seeing his buddy covered in blood, goes beserk and charges out of the bldg towards the enemy.

Attachments
Sculley_besrk.jpg
Sculley_besrk.jpg (130.21 KiB) Viewed 428 times
xe5

Beserkers - a mini-AAR

Post by xe5 »

2. Pearson also goes beserk and charges after Sculley. After taking heavy fire while sprinting at the enemy, Sculley's sense of self-preservation kicks in.

Attachments
Sculley_besrk2.jpg
Sculley_besrk2.jpg (142.94 KiB) Viewed 426 times
xe5

RE: Beserkers - a mini-AAR

Post by xe5 »

3. Seeing Sculley return to the building, Pearson comes to his senses and likewise scurries back.

Attachments
Sculley_besrk3.jpg
Sculley_besrk3.jpg (120.5 KiB) Viewed 426 times
xe5

Beserkers - a mini-AAR

Post by xe5 »

4. Their commander orders Waters team into Sint Josefkerk. Nazi grenadiers assault the church. Waters team counter-assaults. Sculley is badly wounded while defeating two Nazis in hand-to-hand combat. Waters and Hooker take care of two more, another is captured.

Attachments
Sculley_besrk4.jpg
Sculley_besrk4.jpg (183.48 KiB) Viewed 426 times
xe5

Beserkers - a mini-AAR

Post by xe5 »

5. Waters and Hooker, seeing Sculley ripped apart, go beserk themselves.

Attachments
Sculley_besrk5.jpg
Sculley_besrk5.jpg (252.04 KiB) Viewed 426 times
xe5

Post by xe5 »

6. Waters and Hooker, ignoring the commander's orders to rejoin the platoon, charge out of the church at the nearest Nazis.

Attachments
Sculley_besrk6.jpg
Sculley_besrk6.jpg (278.53 KiB) Viewed 427 times
xe5

Beserkers - a mini-AAR

Post by xe5 »

7. As time expires, so do Waters and Hooker, cruelly cut down at the gate to the church cemetery.

Attachments
Sculley_besrk7.jpg
Sculley_besrk7.jpg (188.87 KiB) Viewed 426 times
GS_Schimpf

Post by GS_Schimpf »

Nice mini-AAR! I sometimes miss the old CC3 games where soldiers tended to go berserk or fanatic more often. It was always funny seeing them charging the enemy :)
xe5

Post by xe5 »

The 'Zero Experience & Morale' (aka the 'anti-VetMod') mod takes 30 sec. to make. Rather than trying to make the AI's side stronger and more aggressive, I make my side as weak as possible, worse than Ersatz. Theyll freak out from suppression, stand up and get shot if I dont tend to them like a mother hen for their first few battles. As my BGs get experienced and gain esprit, the replacement teams keep arriving with no training or battle experience.

~20% of the battles see a Beserker, Fanatic or Hero (rarest). Often times, as above, its contageous. Note Waters has grabbed his fallen team leaders weapon.

Attachments
wATERS3.jpg
wATERS3.jpg (282.27 KiB) Viewed 426 times
LitFuel

Post by LitFuel »

What are the percentages of it happening in a regular game...vs the AI? I can remember with CC3 of it happening once in a while but I can't remember the last time I've seen it happen in any other game I've played since. Wish it did happen more often.
xe5

Post by xe5 »

Even when Im playing somebody's mod I'll zero out my side's experience/morale so really not sure what the odds are in a "regular" post-CC3 game. Love to hear The Blood! explain how it works in the code. My approach produces an inordinate amount of beserkers who, as fanatic or heroic, can often lead successful close assaults against superior odds.

Attachments
Marvinheroic.jpg
Marvinheroic.jpg (110.09 KiB) Viewed 428 times

Return to “After Action Reports”