does command / commerce centers stack?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

adecoy95

does command / commerce centers stack?

Post by adecoy95 »

it does not say in the description that you only benefit from one, so i am wondering.... do they stack?
Gommer

RE: does command / commerce centers stack?

Post by Gommer »

I'm not sure I understand the confusion here. Granted, I'm new to the game, but you seem to be asking if the "Bridge" and the "Duty Free Zone" benefits stack?

Command Center = Bridge of a Ship (or ops center on station)
Commerce Center = "Shopping District" on a station.

If I'm misinterpreting the question please elaborate on what benefits you think overlap between modules.
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

no, i mean, if you build ten command centers do you get a 60% decrease in maintenance cost
randal7

Post by randal7 »

I've never tried it, but you should be able to figure out whether command centers stack by watching the maintenance cost in the ship build screen as you add more.
torrenal

Post by torrenal »

Most features for a design do not stack (think: 2 Hyper-deny do not double the range. Think: 2 sensors do not double sensor range. 2 Hyper-drives do not double speed, etc). Having 2 of something does give redundancy, should one fail (I give all but my smallest warships 2-4 repair systems, just in case a bullet finds one).

The features that do stack deal with generation (power) or storage (fuel/cargo/troops), or combat (shields/armor/weapons). Even giving a base 2 hospitals does nothing that 1 hospital cannot.

I've not tested command/commerce centers, but if they do stack, I'd expect it to be quickly fixed to not do so.
//Torrenal
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

i understand that, but they specifically say in the description that adding more than one do not give additional benefit, the command centers do not say this
hiul

Post by hiul »

hi i was wondering that too so I tryed in the 1.0.2.x version and it didn't stack on the design panel.

I just wanted to try but wasn't hoping too much so it don't i never tryed again then.

oh and the galactopedia isn't updated with the game updates.
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

this is a response from SeanD:

Hi there,

I got a response from the developer:

The answer to that one is no - commerce center and command center bonuses do not stack. Instead the highest bonus applies to the space port (from any of the commerce centers or command centers).
The only reason to have more than one of these components is for redundancy, if one of them gets damaged.
Good luck!

Return to “The War Room”