My enemy likes armies but not fleets

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

scotten_usa

My enemy likes armies but not fleets

Post by scotten_usa »

So my enemy is apparently going the Germany WW2 route and built a few ships, but an army of many. Is there any way to conquer his home world without having to build my own Grande Armee? Do Blockages reduce the troop count?
Equendil

RE: My enemy likes armies but not fleets

Post by Equendil »

The alternative to a Grande Armée is to "bombard" the planet from space provided you have the technology and ships to do so. However, it will cause devastation: millions will die, the survivors will hate you (-happiness), and it might have other consequences (on development level or quality of the planet ? Not sure about either).
scotten_usa

Post by scotten_usa »

I've heard bombardment is bad for your reputation too.
feygan

Post by feygan »

Armies cost alot to maintain & build and take forever to make which rules out a nice quick campaign for you. This leaves you with two options, you can either opt for mass genocide and bombard his planets to oblivion (incurring the wraith of the galaxy for your evil ways). Or begin a war of attrition by attacking his main mining bases (especially the gas miners as if you have to import fuel your economy crumbles) then wait until he starts to disband the troops with no fund for upkeep. This does mean you will inccur the unhappiness of your citizens while at war.

There is another even longer option, use highly trained spies to conduct the attrition acts whilst getting pirates to harass the ships/bases.

No such thing as short sharp consequence free conflicts in the space age.

Return to “The War Room”