Homage

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dasboot1960

Homage

Post by dasboot1960 »

To TKILLERICH who just stomped my guts out - WELL DONE!!! This guy is a very dangerous opponent, even though we played the enhanced IJ scenario, I think he would've put it on me either way. Hat off to you Thomas. My brother stands to suffer from the lessons I have learned. I have concerns about Japanese Panzers and supply to Darwin over roads(or lack ther of) No knock on TK he beat me so bad I conceded, I invite any reply adressing my two concerns....
Down like a CLOWN!
topeverest

RE: Homage

Post by topeverest »

YEP, Tough to get supply to Darwin. Your best bet to get naval based suppply and fuel there prior to attack. Far less efficient (and undesriable IMHO) is to pull supply using supply stockpiling. You do this by setting a base like Alice Springs to aggregate. Then after the supply gets there, turn that base off, and turn on the nearst base between there and Darwin...and repeat. takes weeks and is subject to sudden failure for supply stockpiling settings elsewhere in Oz.

What are your concerns about Japanese armor? Are you sure it wasnt just the principle of force projection...you had far fewer anti tank assets perhaps of lower quality at the point of battle. I have not found Empire armor to be domineering in any way.
Andy M
dasboot1960

RE: Homage

Post by dasboot1960 »

I've only played the game once before, but don't recall any issue with supplying Darwin. I know the distance is much greater, but had no problems with it going up by road to Coen and Carnarveron (I think thats it) on the other coast.

As to the tanks, it could well be that I just didn't have proper means, but it's very frustrating to see a 70+ exp aus bde wilt under a tank only assault. These were presumeably guys right out of the western desert. It was probably a couple of tk rgts.

Going forward, I find my self inexorably sucked toward a run-n-hide strategy. I felt like I was able to hold my own (it was very messy) on the pacific side, but trying to establish any balance of ground troops in India looked like a pipe dream - and this with two divisions coming from US
Down like a CLOWN!

Return to “The War Room”