Ship Details

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

gsol69

Ship Details

Post by gsol69 »

It appears that when selecting to view a ship from the 'Ships and Bases' screen by highlighting the ship in the top half of the screen and clicking the 'Go to Ship' tab near the middle of the screen, the view centers on the selected ship, but the details in the box at the lower left portion of the screen still contain details for whatever object was previously selected. Doesn't it make sense to have the details for the ship you just selected to "go to" populate the details box (or am I doing something wrong)?

Thanks in advance, just purchased 1.0.4.9 and am enjoying so far, have not yet tried to apply beta 1.0.5.8
the1sean

RE: Ship Details

Post by the1sean »

well, there is also a "select ship" button. press that one first, then the goto button. It might seem like it should happen automatically, but sometimes you want to accomplish the inverse: select a ship without going to it so that you can give it orders on your current screen. At least, thats my guess as to why there are two separate buttons.
torrenal

Post by torrenal »

Good example: I want to 'go to' my resupply ship so I can find it to send my currently selected ship/fleet to it for refueling. Selecting the ship in the same step would complicate the process.
//Torrenal
the1sean

Post by the1sean »

ORIGINAL: torrenal

Good example: I want to 'go to' my resupply ship so I can find it to send my currently selected ship/fleet to it for refueling. Selecting the ship in the same step would complicate the process.
//Torrenal

what he said...
gsol69

Post by gsol69 »

Thanks for the help, that is what I was looking for (don't know how I missed it before).

Thanks again.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”