Have not had this much fun since PTO!

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
Max 86

RE: Have not had this much fun since PTO!

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: Tomokatu

Image MajFrankBurns ruffled the hairs on his chest and shouted:
Real men have DOGS you know!
Real men (with dogs) also tend to have hydatid cysts and/or trichinosis from allowing the excrement-eaters to lick them in the mouth afterwards. Image
There IS a place for dogs in the real world. They're good at working sheep or cattle and they're fine if treated like any other farm equipment and kept in sheds. For myself, I've never liked that slavish devotion that dogs demonstrate. I'm not part of ANYBODY'S pack, let alone the leader of some sad little group.

There is another place for dog. The Koreans have excellent recipes for them and the meat is said to be "warming". I can take that claim with a grain of salt, but Korean dog stew is very tasty.

Thats hilarious! Although I agree with you about the mouth licking thing I feel just the opposite about dogs. I am very pro-dog. Hell, I am a dog. Some women say men are pigs. But some of us are dogs....and we're proud of it! woof woof[:D]
No problem Chief!
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Tomokatu
Ouch!
It's not ALL doom & gloom, Anraz.
Korean dog stew is very tasty.

BITE ME. Although after our pom died I did look up those recipes, but my wife caught me. I don't need to go into that discussion.

OH YEAH. LOVE THE GAME>
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

[:D]
Cats vs Dogs.
Erik, lock this thread before things turn ugly!
I vote pet rock, actually kept my maps in place.
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

I am a dog

I`m a tiger and a scorpio depending on a zodiac one prefers ;) Chinese culture is a bit less familiar to me, so as a scorpio I’m not sure whether cats or dogs appeal to me more, especially because unlike to arachnids both have furs.[;)]
AH4Ever

Post by AH4Ever »

Cats are Cool - Dogs Drool

Fish in aquariums are not pets, they are just something for cats to stare at when they can find the time.

JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!
AH4Ever

Post by AH4Ever »

IMHO SOP is

JJMC

Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

Anraz insisted:
unlike to arachnids both have furs.[;)]
You want hairy spiders? We got hairy spiders. You like BIG hairy spiders? Come to sunny (and dry) lovely Australia and you can have all the big hairy spiders you can ever want. Take some home with you. Bring a suitcase to fill. Go on, be our guest.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
jap412

Post by jap412 »

Ok, when I was a kid I had SPI's The Campaign for North Africa. The map filled the floor of my bed room. I would spend hours playing and keeping written notes. I had not been paying enough attention to my weiner dog. I came home one day and he had made entry into my "Command Center" (bed room) and left a good healthy one in the middle of my notes, well placed I might add. [:D] No dogs now but I have two cats. I have often wanted to get one of my many board games out and play I know the cats would find great interest and want to help...[:(]
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

[font="times new roman"]
left a good healthy one in the middle of my notes.
[:D]
I'd consider that a nuclear strike![/font]
AH4Ever

Post by AH4Ever »

A Biological Weapon or a WOMGWHHH - Weapon of OH MY GOD What the Heck Happened Here.

Call out the GUARD.

... And now back to the GAME

SOP is definitely a game to be played.

JJMC

Anraz

Post by Anraz »

ORIGINAL: Agent S

I'd consider that a nuclear strike![/font]

I would rather say joint ABC strike [:D]
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

dh216832

Post by dh216832 »

ORIGINAL: jap412
I have often wanted to get one of my many board games out and play I know the cats would find great interest and want to help...[:(]

Guaranteed to happen. At least the dog deposit didn't affect the front lines, just the rear.
lostsm

Post by lostsm »

ORIGINAL: Warspite3

Seriously, I have not had this much fun with a pacific war game since the old PTO on SNES! I still have a full war going on (the one in my AAR) as the US and Japan is putting up a fight! I realized I am not able to walk all over them and take over what I want when I want as in other games, in SotP I really have to fight for a change. Then the Japs actually went out and took over several islands. So the challenge and fun is here, no doubt.
comparing this with PTO really?

had a blast with war in the pacific (matrix) but maybe i'll give this one a shot too
jomni

Post by jomni »

ORIGINAL: lostsm
had a blast with war in the pacific (matrix) but maybe i'll give this one a shot too

I have both WITP and SOP.
WITP = Work
SOP = Play
But it needs getting used to especially if you are coming from WITP.
Warspite3

Post by Warspite3 »

ORIGINAL: lostsm

ORIGINAL: Warspite3

Seriously, I have not had this much fun with a pacific war game since the old PTO on SNES! I still have a full war going on (the one in my AAR) as the US and Japan is putting up a fight! I realized I am not able to walk all over them and take over what I want when I want as in other games, in SotP I really have to fight for a change. Then the Japs actually went out and took over several islands. So the challenge and fun is here, no doubt.
comparing this with PTO really?

Well actually its very different but I have not had as much fun with a game like this since PTO. At first I was like, well this game is pretty good. Then once I started and got into the full campaign, that was when I realized how long it was since I had this much fun with any Pacific Theater game.
-Warspite3-

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”