Game Issue

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

NeverMan

Game Issue

Post by NeverMan »

Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments
JackedUp.jpg
JackedUp.jpg (446.38 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Grognot

RE: Game Issue

Post by Grognot »

Not sure what you're referring to.

The display of remaining movement points for other people's counters? I suppose it's a bit weird, but I'm not seeing a problem because (1) counter movement is visible, and (2) even in the original game, you can tell maximum movement points for each corps.
--
Not a grognard.
Not an optimizer. It's a game to me, not a job.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

That's interesting??? No top buttons and no phase buttons and no phase information. Can you send me that save?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

That's interesting??? No top buttons and no phase buttons and no phase information. Can you send me that save?

I don't think it's the save because it does this on New Game and other saves too, will double check that though.
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Grognot

The display of remaining movement points for other people's counters? I suppose it's a bit weird, but I'm not seeing a problem because (1) counter movement is visible, and (2) even in the original game, you can tell maximum movement points for each corps.

So you don't notice how all the buttons are missing? That doesn't seem strange to you?
Grognot

Post by Grognot »

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

So you don't notice how all the buttons are missing? That doesn't seem strange to you?

*shrug* Didn't notice. What caught my attention was that it was marked as an Austrian turn, but you were showing Prussia's area.
--
Not a grognard.
Not an optimizer. It's a game to me, not a job.
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

*shrug* Didn't notice. What caught my attention was that it was marked as an Austrian turn, but you were showing Prussia's area.

AH! Ok.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Does this happen consistently when you start a new game?
Just trying to figure a way to dupe this...???
Don't take this the wrong way BUT I must ask (LOL) ... you haven't jacked with any data files have you ;-) ? Cool if you have because I can fix but wanted to understand what may have happened??? You can answer me in private if you wish...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Trax

Post by Trax »

Over the last year, the loss of the top row of game buttons as shown by neverman has happened to 4 of our players at least once. The solution is to reload the game program and current patch. We have never been able to dup why it happens, although it has not happened to us on an xp system.
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Trax

Over the last year, the loss of the top row of game buttons as shown by neverman has happened to 4 of our players at least once. The solution is to reload the game program and current patch. We have never been able to dup why it happens, although it has not happened to us on an xp system.

This is what I did.

Marshall, no, I didnt' touch any of the files, lol. There's no reason for me to do that.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

ORIGINAL: Trax

This is what I did.

Marshall, no, I didnt' touch any of the files, lol. There's no reason for me to do that.

Understood (LOL). I cannot leave a stone unturned ;-)
NOT XP then is on VISTA systems?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

My OS that I'm running the game from is Windows 7 x64.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Interesting???
Is it consistent?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Interesting???
Is it consistent?

It's happened to me once.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

If you get it to start happening on a certain game or figure how to make it happen then let me know...if you want.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

gazfun

Post by gazfun »

Yes i didnt know there was a thread on this.

I had the same problem after uploading files from other players, I resolved it by reinstalling the game.

IMHO I beleive it comes from not all players having the same patch in this case 1.07.01 and 1.07.02 Marshall this has been a barrow of mine, that there should be something to indicate to the GM which player is not running the same patch as others in a PBEM game
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Agreed! I am preventing the invalid versions at game start BUT not policing real well in the middle of the game.
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

jrumizen

Post by jrumizen »

We have had the same problem with one of our PBEM players. He is using an older laptop with XP and the buttons on top disappeared. We reran the 1.07.01 and 1.07.02 updates and that seemed to fix the problem.
rumint

Return to “Tech Support”