Problems with multiplayer games

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

SequenenreOK

Problems with multiplayer games

Post by SequenenreOK »

Hi, we have serious problems with multiplayer games via LAN:
- multiple crashes (or CTDs as they are called, I think), mostly after we played for a long time, at the end of the game : very annoying!
- we are not able to load saved games, neither autosaves or self-made saves; if the host starts a saved multiplayer game, he gets the message that this saved game was not existing with the joined player (although the same save-game can indeed be found in the list of saved games of the joined player).
When we change host to joined player and vice versa, we meet with the same problems, so we cannot play or reload any multiplayer game.
By the way, also our single player games crash often, but there we can reload saved games and continue afterwards.
Can you help us please?[&o]
Panther Paul

RE: Problems with multiplayer games

Post by Panther Paul »

Hi,

Thanks for your report.

Recorded as BT00054
Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd
farhanzx

Post by farhanzx »

I am also having the same problem here...

waiting for reply....
farhanzx

Post by farhanzx »

I am also having the same problem here...

waiting for reply....
SequenenreOK

Post by SequenenreOK »

Glad to see (not really!) that there is someone who also plays multiplayer games and also has the same problems as we have!

Maybe I should be more specific : my buddy and I are playing via LAN, both with a different BFTB CD, no lying [;)]

So we're really looking forward to the solving of the problem with the mysterious code-name "BT00054".

Maybe we should put our hopes in the patch that will be released soon?

Thanks in advance !
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Re saved game issue. Both the host and the joiner must use the same saved game file. So the host needs to email or transfer his saved game file to the joiner's machine. Then when prompted to locate the saved game, the joiner must select that file. You could, on the other hand, use a saved game created by the joiner and transfer it to the host's machine....whatever. The key thing here is that you must both use the same saved game file ( not just a saved game from the same time, as these will be different and hence the games will be out of sync ). Have I explained that well enough?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
SequenenreOK

Post by SequenenreOK »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Re saved game issue. Both the host and the joiner must use the same saved game file. So the host needs to email or transfer his saved game file to the joiner's machine. Then when prompted to locate the saved game, the joiner must select that file. You could, on the other hand, use a saved game created by the joiner and transfer it to the host's machine....whatever. The key thing here is that you must both use the same saved game file ( not just a saved game from the same time, as these will be different and hence the games will be out of sync ). Have I explained that well enough?

Thank you for your answer, Arjuna.
We will try this as soon as possible!
(It seems we looked over that in de game manual - my apologies!)

Kind regards,
Sequenenre

Return to “Tech Support”