CTD w/ reproducible Saved Game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

PeterD

CTD w/ reproducible Saved Game

Post by PeterD »

Save file uploaded: Elsenborn Ridge, Axis, D3 1800.

CTD for me before 1801 every time, on any speed.
Attachments
Elsenborn..D31800.zip
(671.8 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Arjuna

RE: CTD w/ reproducible Saved Game

Post by Arjuna »

Peter,

Thanks for that. I checked it out and the crash was due to the scheduling code. It was trying to update a force plan based on new orders but was not catering for a future plan properly. I have fixed this now. Thanks.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
PeterD

Post by PeterD »

Thanks for the quick response, Dave.

A side-comment about this saved game. The 990th (minus its 1st Bn) has been held up 1km west of Neuhof since the beginning of the scenario. On Day 1 there were a few enemy units, but after that it appears to be due to a single enemy company, the C Coy/393, dug in and seemingly unmoveable. Curiously, this enemy unit occupies exactly the same spot as 277 Fusiliers (990 subunit). There seems to be plenty of shooting going on, but to little effect on C Coy/393. I think it would be worth investigating the dynamics of that little battle.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

I see what you are talking about when I view the US side with the debug tools. I plan on running this entire scenario through with the patch and see if this kind of behavior has been fixed and report back to Dave and Paul.
simovitch

PeterD

Post by PeterD »

Thanks for taking a look at that simovitch. Could you clarify whether you could see _why_ it was happening or only that it _was_?
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

This same event happened to me yesterday while testing the patch and Dave is looking into it. We think it may be because of the min range of small arms being 10m which we have since changed to 1m.

It seems to be a sort of 'dead zone' where nothing happens - mine occurred in open terrain at night and was finally broken up in the daytime, perhaps by fire from other units. When it happens in an isolated woods area like yours it may never be broken up.
simovitch

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

With the patch your saved game now proceeds without crashing, and C Coy 393 surrenders within 3 hours regardless of what min range I use. I'm hoping that setting the min range of small arms down from 10m to 1m will prevent these situations from happening better and move on toward getting the patch out. For now I suggest that Dave concentrates on getting the CTD's addressed for Patch 1 and see if this situation re-occurs.
simovitch

PeterD

Post by PeterD »

Thanks for the update. I have seen this "invulnerable unit" problem crop up a few times now, although it's obviously not a clear cut thing. Initially the fight "rages" (variety of blue/yellow/red firing indicators). After usually a few hours, there's only blue indicators left on all my units near the enemy (so he's either not shooting or not hitting, right?). At this stage the enemy doesn't appear to be taking any damage though (and doesn't retreat or rout), so perhaps all units involved are shooting at the wrong spot? It seems this can go on indefinitely, but does sometimes untangle itself.

I have a couple of other saves where I think this is happening, but I'll wait and give them a go with the patch, then report back here if problems persist.

Return to “Tech Support”