All Glory Belongs to the Chrysanthemum Throne (No HexHead)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

TheLoneGunman_MatrixForum

All Glory Belongs to the Chrysanthemum Throne (No HexHead)

Post by TheLoneGunman_MatrixForum »

All Glory Belongs to the Chrysanthemum Throne - A TLG vs HexHead AAR

Greetings!

This will be my first War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition PBEM Campaign and AAR. My opponent is HexHead, who I've had the pleasure of trading blows with in multiple Guadalcanal scenarios while we both got the hang of the basics of the game. This is both a good and a bad thing, since our last of those ended up with him beating the snot out of me relentlessly. Regardless, he's been nothing but a good, reliable, and fair opponent and I expect more of the same in this campaign for a long time.

I'll be taking the role of the Imperial High Command for the Empire of Japan.

Settings:

Scenario 1: December 7th

Fog of War: On
Advanced Weather: On
Allied Damage Control: On
PDU: On
Historical 1st Turn: Off
December 7th Surprise: On
Reliable USN Torpedoes: Off
Realistic R&D: On
No Unit Withdrawals: Off
Reinforcements: Fixed
Auto Sub Ops: Off
Turns: 1 Day Turns

Houserules:

1. The Japanese Player may not launch a follow-up attack on Pearl Harbor on the 8th of December.

2. Players pay political points for crossing restricted units over national borders.

3. Maximum altitude for fighter operations is restricted to 22,000 feet until 1943. Note: Both players have agreed to attempt to keep their aircraft at altitudes that best reflect the aircraft's optimum band of maneuverability.

4. No strategic bombing by either player until at least October of 1943.

5. All heavy bombers must make their attacks from a minimum altitude of 5,000 feet.

6. The Allied Player may not evacuate any LCUs from Malaya, the Dutch East Indies, or the Philippines until July 1st of 1942.

7. The Allied Player may not reinforce of introduce LCUs into Malaya, the Dutch East Indies, or the Philippines until July 1st of 1942.

8. Players will not resize air groups to ahistorical levels. Note: This means no 72 plane units or anything similar shall be manually created for use in combat or for training purposes.

9. The Japanese Player may not use the first turn movement bonus to launch attacks that were historically difficult or impossible to pull off and still maintain the element of surprise.

10. The Allied Player may move existing Task Forces on turn one, but may not create any new task forces anywhere with the exception of India and the North American West Coast.

11. Houserules are subject to be added, removed, or changed at our discretion.

Now, I'll let HexHead have one final peak at this thread and say a few words if he wishes. After that, he is not to read this thread any more until we are finished with our campaign. I want to wish him the best of luck, and I hope we both have a fun time!
HexHead

RE: All Glory Belongs to the Chrysanthemum Throne (No HexHead)

Post by HexHead »

I have read much of the PPs for political boundaries thread and have not fully made up my mind about the practice. I shall agree to this and my honorable opponent and I will hash out any issues that arise.

Other than that, I would like to clarify China, which I shall do privately with TLG.

And am rarin' to go!
"Goddamn it, they're gittin' away!!"
- unknown tincan sailor near the end of Leyte Gulf, when Kurita retired

Now that we have the introduction out of the way, I will be following up with an assessment of my strategy as well as potential war goals.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

I can see the HR on evac, but why limit the allies on reinforcements to DEI, MAL, and PI?
Pax

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

I can see the HR on evac, but why limit the allies on reinforcements to DEI, MAL, and PI?

My opponent asked for the rule, although I don't think it will work out against him, since reinforcing any of those areas is only going to result in the Allies losing additional forces.

I shall not be denied! [:D]
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Oh, ok.  Just makes it easier for you.  You know that he won't be bringing forces in or out.  Basically telling you he is going to build up periphery bases getting ready for '43.  You don't have to guess what he is doing now, he already told you.  I would want to at least keep you guessing.  Funny that. 
Pax

Return to “After Action Reports”