Couple questions...

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
Warspite3

Couple questions...

Post by Warspite3 »

Just a couple of quick questions someone may can answer...

1) How many strategic movement points do I need to transfer a strategic bomber from San Francisco to say the Philippines? I bought 2 new ones and I am not able to get them from the west coast so I can use them and I need them bad. The strat movement icon has been grayed out and it says I don't have enough strat points. I have like 56 in strat points, I been spending a ton of funds on this and I can't afford to do it anymore its getting expensive. Is there some other reason I can't transfer it? It does keep saying not enough strat points when I hover over the gray icon.

2) How can I retake Johnston Island? I have destroyed the enemy garrison there and the island is empty but still shown as controlled by the Japs. I still am not able to land a unit there to retake it. I tried both LSTs and a Troop Transport, no luck. Is there something else I need to do to be able to capture islands?
-Warspite3-
Razz1

RE: Couple questions...

Post by Razz1 »

Sounds like your still on 1.01.

Try to reload the patch.

The menu has to sat 1.02. Then the LST's will work.

The Startegy bomber appears to be bugged.

It's very expensive 15 STP plus 10 PP's, but it appears to be broken now.
jomni

Post by jomni »

Well strategic bombers do have the legs to actually island hop using regular movement.  But it takes more turns and you need to have some clear tansit hexes / islands.

Yes the 1.02 patch should enable you to launch amphibious invasions on hexes you own but do not control.
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Sorry to say, but it is trial and error, unless your very good at counting hexes over the ocean.

Here is a secret you can hop from Hawaii to Johnston then to Line islands. You have to be in the correct hex.

Those legs are called landing gears, as seen here.

Attachments
AusInfhaha.jpg
AusInfhaha.jpg (77.64 KiB) Viewed 31 times
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

Hmmm.... trainee place-kickers?
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”