[REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Tophat1815

RE: [REL] The Romulan Star Empire 1.0

Post by Tophat1815 »

Wow,your just taunting us with those Klingon sneak peaks! Fantastic work!
Igard

RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.1

Post by Igard »

Version 1.1 released

I changed the name of the mod to TRSE Star Trek Mod since now it includes not only The Romulan Star Empire but also The Klingon Empire too. Didn't make sense leaving the way it was.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

That is a nice piece of work, with some very neat options. Thank you.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

Awesome Klingons..../drool
Igard

Post by Igard »

Cardassian preview

Attachments
20100625_041237.jpg
20100625_041237.jpg (438.77 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Bartje

Post by Bartje »

Neaat!

The Borg could replace Space Slugs or Kaltors one day? [:'(]
These ships really look beatiful!

Thank you for your creativity ! [:)]
Igard

Post by Igard »

Thanks, Bartje. That's a great idea, though I'd rather the borg be more of a threat than just a wee beastie. If we could mod the stats of the kaltors and other monsters then it would work really well. Or, I could just use a small borg scout vessel, a ship that isn't very powerful, but I think we all want to see a borg cube at some point.

As for my creativity, thank you, but I think it's important for me to stress that I didn't draw any of these. They were modelled by a very talented bunch of people around the internet, then their work was uploaded onto battleclinic. All I did was take the 3d model, rotate it to a top-down view and copy the image. Some colours were changed to balance things and running lights were added.

The hardest part is finding race and troop images. Also writing the dialog is a bit of a pain.

If anyone could help me find race images, that would save me alot of time. I'm looking for consistency, so there are some criteria to follow.

- Image must be TNG era or at least look like it could be (the klingons look the same TMP or TNG)
- Character must be looking at the camera or just to the side (I can edit the direction of the eyes)
- Heads and shoulders must be in frame

I know this is a tough ask, but if anyone can help with this it would be a great help.[;)]
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Wow! Cardassians...
And a nice job as usual.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Igard

RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2

Post by Igard »

Version 1.2 released. This is starting to feel like star trek now. I strongly recommend installing the flagshapes, not only was a bit of a nuisance making them, but they greatly add to the experience.

Enjoy folks![:)]
Igard

Post by Igard »

Found the perfect ferengi troop image..

Marauder Mo action figures!![:D]

Attachments
Marauder_Mo_figures.jpg
Marauder_Mo_figures.jpg (58.45 KiB) Viewed 212 times
Igard

Post by Igard »

Ferengi Preview

Attachments
ferengipreview.jpg
ferengipreview.jpg (206.62 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Igard

Post by Igard »

Dominion Preview

Attachments
dompreview.jpg
dompreview.jpg (200.9 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Igard

Post by Igard »

Breen Preview

Attachments
breenpreview.jpg
breenpreview.jpg (226.41 KiB) Viewed 198 times
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

The Dominion ships look GREAT.
I have heard of the Breen. I never knew that the ST universe had actually fleshed them out.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Gorn Hegemony Preview, for some reason DW is scaling these ships bigger than the rest. That's fine though since the gorn ships are supposed to be big and bulky.

Just got the dialog to write for the Gorn, I'll get my 'S' key finger warmed up...[:D]

Attachments
gornpreview.jpg
gornpreview.jpg (325.16 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Igard

RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3

Post by Igard »

Version 1.3 released

That's 7 races I've modded now. The federation are available from other mods, but I will get round to doing them. That leaves 1 more race to add before all the ship sets are used up. (come on devs get us more ship sets)

There don't seem to be many trek fans on the forums, so if you're a lurker, please speak up. I need your opinions. Should I add the borg or another of the minor races(tholian, sheliak, kztin, lyran, hydran)?

I should also mention, I've seriously played around with the race stats and probably haven't tested enough, so please report any balance issues.

Enjoy and any problems let me know.[;)]

WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Borg, Vulcan, Species 8472, of course you have to wait for the future patch before you can put all in.  If you need help finding images I *might* be able to help with top down shots of Borg and 8472, but not Vulcan sorry.

Keep up the good work dude!
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Igard

Post by Igard »

Forgot species 8472. Ships aren't a problem, it's the bases. I may have to resort to drastic measures for bases, chopping bits off ships and sticking them together! I'll look carefully before I start that.[;)]

Vulcans are another matter. I won't add them to this mod since it's a TNG mod and vulcans are part of the Federation. Wait for my future "Archer Era Mod".[:D]
tornnight

Post by tornnight »

Borg Please!
Igard

Post by Igard »

Ok then, I'll start work on the federation and borg for the next update.

Also, I've managed about 4 hours play now with the new race stats and it's clear things are going to need a little tweaking.

So far it seems too easy to make money. Giving races too many bonuses in ship/troop maintenance and trade is probably the cause.

If you are going to play as ferengi, I suggest setting corruption to maximum. Don't worry, these guys should still be mega rich!

Return to “Design and Modding”