Replay Bug Fix?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

spence

Replay Bug Fix?

Post by spence »

Up to now my PBEM has not been afflicted by the Replay Bug and I attributed that to a lot of work by the DEVS and the fact that my opp and I have had Combat Animations turned OFF.

But this last turn a whole lot of action took place near Rangoon: 4 raids by Japanese bombers against a British CVTF and 2 raids against Japanese ships by FAA aircraft. But during the Combat Replay there was not a ripple to be seen in the Indian Ocean: absolutely nothing to suggest that there had been any action whatsoever. If my opp hadn't said something in his accompanying email mentioning that alot of Japanese pilots had died I could well have just written the whole affair off as another failure to apply Rule 1 ("If you really think you've got it this time; you don't. You forgot about Rule 1234.5.6.78 this time").

IIRC the "Pompack Method" of cure involved Combat Animations. That does not seem to apply here. Any suggestions?
Charbroiled

RE: Replay Bug Fix?

Post by Charbroiled »

Did you just update?  If so, I have had a repay bug a couple of time right after updating.  It is usually fine on the next turn.

If you didn't just update, make sure that your opponent didn't update.  I believe that if you have different versions that you will more likely have a replay issue.  However, with AE, there is the new function that reads what version the turn was save under and notifies you when you open the turn, so I doubt you and your opponent are using differnent versions.
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
jwilkerson

RE: Replay Bug Fix?

Post by jwilkerson »

In AE if one side is using a different EXE version this should be revealed by a message when the other side loads the turn. This is one "feature" we added for AE to remove some of the mystery that was present in WITP - where players could play turn after turn and be out of synch without realizing they were using different EXE versions. In AE it should be impossible (unless players have done personal modifications to the EXE !) to have different EXE versions without knowing it. But as you say - post upgrade/patch synch issues will remain for a turn or two as here players are purposely changing their EXE versions.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”