HPS Total War Series ?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Richard III

HPS Total War Series ?

Post by Richard III »

I really like their interface, artwork, battles, but.....only interested in playing VS the AI.

Anyone buy the new release and have opinions on the AI Game ? I recall that after release they brought in a 3rd. party to tweek the AI in " First Blitzkreig " , which really needed it to say the least.

I assume the same was done to Total War In Europe - " Southern Front "

Is there an AI at all in these ?

“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
rahamy

RE: HPS Total War Series ?

Post by rahamy »

Yes, there is - all reports I have hear point to a challenging AI player in this series. John Rushing is the AI programmer working with John Tiller on government contract work, and by extension enhancing the AI in various series of games on the commercial side.
MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

I know the ancients series has some quality ai. Punic Wars, Gallic Wars, Alexander and Greek Wars. Can't say much about the rest but these are definitely fun and challenging to play. Much better than that Field of Glory series.
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Thanks Rich... do you think the AI upgrade may move to the PzC and ACW series at some time ??
ORIGINAL: rahamy

Yes, there is - all reports I have hear point to a challenging AI player in this series. John Rushing is the AI programmer working with John Tiller on government contract work, and by extension enhancing the AI in various series of games on the commercial side.

¯ Leo Tolstoy
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Thanks Maj. Frank....good to hear that , will try one of those.

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns

I know the ancients series has some quality ai. Punic Wars, Gallic Wars, Alexander and Greek Wars. Can't say much about the rest but these are definitely fun and challenging to play. Much better than that Field of Glory series.

¯ Leo Tolstoy
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

There has already been some AI enhancements that were pushed out to the series after the release of Minsk, and yes, more is planned - but how in-depth I can not answer.

Return to “General Discussion”