Passive AI?

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
Matto

Passive AI?

Post by Matto »

Hi all,
I'm playing Australia campaign and Guadalcanal scenario (both like Allied) and must say, that AI is passive, especially on the sea. For all I have TFs on next sea place, no reaction from AI, for all I attacked enemy transports each turn (I stopped all enemy reinforcements to Guadalcanal), no response ... strange.
Only where I found AI active and really good is on ground front ...
Any opinions or own experiences?
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

doomtrader

RE: Passive AI?

Post by doomtrader »

Hi, thanks for the feedback.
It looks like decision to tweak naval AI a little bit for the next patch was good.
jomni

Post by jomni »

In my Pacific Campaign.  The AI just grabbed as many islands as it can.  The push was very relentless and worrisome as the Allies.
But we're talking about land units turning into transports.  Now that you've mentioned it, the AI might be a bit passive when it comes to naval units.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

In the Guadalcanal scenerios, I never saw the jap taskforce do anything. I didn't bother it and it didn't bother me. Land based air and infantry were active, but the boats never did anything.
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

The forthcoming patch will make fleets in Guadalcanal scenarios to be more active.
Matto

Post by Matto »

Is it better in whole war scenario?
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

If you read some of the other posters comments....

They say they get their butt kicked by Japan in the Pacific Campaign.

Besides the next patch improves the fleet AI.

I haven't seen any feedback from a Japanese player.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Anraz

The forthcoming patch will make fleets in Guadalcanal scenarios to be more active.
Speakig of the patch, is it still coming out today?
Matto

Post by Matto »

Just started Japan campaign ... so I will see. How it looks from one AAR, allied AI looks be more active ... so maybe it depends on scenario ...

schwaryfalke

Post by schwaryfalke »

Will this also affect the Australia campaign? The Naval AI there is not just passive, it is dead

I just abandoned a game as Japanese. The AI Australian fleet had not moved at all, and consisted of 252 ships ie none of the reinforcements in transports had been landed
patchogue

Post by patchogue »

I have Japs in India and on Hawaii - seems quite aggressive to me! Mind you it sent the whole fleet to the Indian Ocean so I've landed a weak force on the Home Islands (as I couldn't attack Midway or Wake!)
"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

ORIGINAL: Matto
Just started Japan campaign ... so I will see. How it looks from one AAR, allied AI looks be more active ... so maybe it depends on scenario ...

AI has common part and individual set of parameters and goals for every scenario.

Will this also affect the Australia campaign?

Yes.
ORIGINAL: vonRocko
Speakig of the patch, is it still coming out today?

Hopefully yes.

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”