TUTORIAL - Not Good

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
Rik81

TUTORIAL - Not Good

Post by Rik81 »

What is this a joke? About the tutorial being short? (365 turns?). I am finding the tutorial virtually impossible to follow. Maybe if I change the symbols away from "sprites"?? Set Fog of War to 3? I don't see any "fog of war" setting? I'll grant you that a "Finish turn" button is easily enough equated to an End turn button (which is what the tutorial steps say), but couldn't we be consistent? IMHO, the TUTORIAL needs a massive rework, or maybe it just needs a "printoutable step by step" that I could set by my computer as I try and work my way through it.

Another problem, I am continuingly getting windows open and blocking other windows etc. It would be nice if any opened window could be grabbed and moved.
gwgardner

RE: TUTORIAL - Not Good

Post by gwgardner »

go to preferences to set fog of war

It's actually about 20 turns.

Anraz

Post by Anraz »

In order to meet your expectation Doomtrader is preparing series of video tutorials. You may found the first two here: tm.asp?m=2500101 . The next one should be readt within a few hours. Any comment and proposals are welcome.
Rik81

Post by Rik81 »

Visibility Range = Fog of War (picky, picky). Anyway, not more of a stretch than End turn = Finish turn.

But 365 = 20? That is a biiiiiiiiggggggggg stretch. Anyway, nice to know. Thanks.

I will await some more videos and maybe I will feel better.
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

I will await some more videos and maybe I will feel better.

Also you might just ask question here if anything is vague for you. We are eager to reply to any question.
mllange

Post by mllange »

I haven't tried the tutorial, just making my way through the manual and playing a scenario at my own pace instead. I figured since I was already a veteran of the older games in the system I would be comfortable moving ahead and that has proven true. So far I am pleased, very pleased with the changes and the pace and flow of the game. Engagements are anything but a pushover and attention to maintaining supply lines, logistics, initiative and terrain is required. Give it some more time and this might become my go-to game for the near-term future! Nice work!
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
Rik81

Post by Rik81 »

While I'm old (in more ways than one) to wargames in general, this is my first experience with this one, so I don't have the previous game(s) in this series to draw on.
jomni

Post by jomni »

The best way to learn the game is to just play and ask in the forums!!!
The game mechanics are very simple to grasp anyway.
This also works for games like WITP.

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”