What is a good difficulty level

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
Scotters1

What is a good difficulty level

Post by Scotters1 »

I'm a war gamer, but completely new to this system. I know the history WWII in the pacific inside and outside, and I have played games such as Forge of Freedom, Panzer Campaigns, the operational art of war, etc. I never could get my head wrapped around WITPAE, though I plan to give it another shot one day. Now I want a challenge as the Americans well into 1944, so shoud I go with the hardest difficulty, or should I go a level lower?
lordxorn

RE: What is a good difficulty level

Post by lordxorn »

if you want a challenge play the Japanese. You have to race against the clock with them, and try and make sure you can take some land early on after you done your damage on Pearl Harbor.

With the US it is kind of a foregone conclusion you are going to win as long as you can keep your homeland.

I recommend playing normal as you get the hang of the system, then bump up the difficulty as you get better.
gwgardner

RE: What is a good difficulty level

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: lordxorn

if you want a challenge play the Japanese. You have to race against the clock with them, and try and make sure you can take some land early on after you done your damage on Pearl Harbor.

With the US it is kind of a foregone conclusion you are going to win as long as you can keep your homeland.

I recommend playing normal as you get the hang of the system, then bump up the difficulty as you get better.

Well said. I would just add one caveat though in this game. The Japanese AI will hit you hard early on. The Allies have their work cut out for them. In this game as the Allies you get sense of desperation.

Now in PBEM, it just gets worse! In one PBEM with Razz I tried to go head-to-head with the Japanese early in the war, and was succussful only in getting my navy sunk.

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”