On my "to buy" list

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
Warspite3

On my "to buy" list

Post by Warspite3 »

I have been eyeing this game for a couple months now. Actually I had put it on my "to buy" list way back when I first heard about it. Basically anything with WW2 and/or especially Pacific on it, gets my attention quick. I would love to see some more AARs and things like that, I will probably get the matrix digital version this weekend. [:)]
-Warspite3-
jomni

RE: On my "to buy" list

Post by jomni »

Me too. Eagerly awaiting the weekend. 
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I assume you guys don't have the first two--Road to Victory and Time of Wrath. This new one is better, particularly in the naval area, but it is no WitPAE. That might be good, as long as you are expecting quick battles at sea and a somewhat limited movement track and sighting system.

Also if you want to edit csv files, you can create a fleet in minutes.
jomni

Post by jomni »

Yup. Don't have TOW.
I have WitPAE but only play small scenarios with it as I can't stand playing the full campagin with all the economic management.
Looking into Grand Campaigning with this one.  Just don't know how well it simulates the ground, air, naval combat and logistics.

I might also just wait for the demo if it ever comes out.
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

I might also just wait for the demo if it ever comes out.

We released the demo of Time of Wrath, we will also release SOP demo. This is our policy.

jomni

Post by jomni »

Thanks for the reply.  I also initiated a demo thread so that can be deleted.
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

Well, I have just have replied  to you in the second thread ;)
Warspite3

Post by Warspite3 »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I assume you guys don't have the first two--Road to Victory and Time of Wrath. This new one is better, particularly in the naval area, but it is no WitPAE. That might be good, as long as you are expecting quick battles at sea and a somewhat limited movement track and sighting system.

Also if you want to edit csv files, you can create a fleet in minutes.

Right, I don't own the other games and have never played them. I have WitP but not AE although I have not played it too much. I have been mostly playing either HoI3 or MH for my WW2 fixes. I love the looks of SoP which is why I will be buying it.
-Warspite3-

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”