New game of WAW U2 ( Bono V.) version

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

cveta

New game of WAW U2 ( Bono V.) version

Post by cveta »

Here are players for anather WAW game. And I must annaounce proudly that 3 of them are from Croatia.
West - Kondor
Axis - Cveta
SU/China - rjh1971
Japan - Cindra ( new on forum )

We decide that we will make 1 AAR for bouth sides. No secret and plans will be written, only facts and reports. This is AAR after all, not a plans for invasion. And since England is not our native we will write with lots of mistakes.

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups
cveta

RE: New game of WAW U2 ( Bono V.) version

Post by cveta »

Screnshot of end of turn 1. I didnot expect so many soldiers down, but I decide to attack all Poland armies in range including one west of Warsav. 1 light tenk survived. My armies are out of range of Polish art.

Attachments
Poland.jpg
Poland.jpg (291.27 KiB) Viewed 217 times
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

we will penalize you 1 PP for all mistakes in this AAR !!
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
british exil

Post by british exil »

[:D] Nicely said. I was just looking at your spelling and thought that I ought to deduct 1pp from you. Penalize is spelt with a s penalise. We are in an "english" speaking forum. [;)][:D]

Always this american and english spelling, when are you people from the other side of the Atlantic going to be able to spell things right? [:'(][:D]
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
cveta

Post by cveta »

Spelling in a right way?? Why did you make your language so complicated. Here we write exactly as we speeak. No duble letters, no w,y,x and other things wich dont have any meaning at all. Why use w when you have v, and y when you have i ??
But back to game - Thanks explorer for this U2 wersion. I was wondering when will you name one of 10.000 wersion of WAW after world famous singer Bono Wox from U2.
In Poland - Warsav is taken but we suffered hawy loses in a proces. 1 fighter and 1 bomber goes down, and in a last round we lose a truck. And some infantry of course. All n all this are way too high loses for a Poland campaign.
Turn to kondor as West.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: cveta

Spelling in a right way?? Why did you make your language so complicated. Here we write exactly as we speeak. No duble letters, no w,y,x and other things wich dont have any meaning at all. Why use w when you have v, and y when you have i ??

Really you write it the same way it sounds? cool same as Spanish, but then we have letters that sound the same v and b, the h is dumb... but enough of grammar [:-] we are in an Strategic forum [8D]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Josh

Post by Josh »

"Here are players for anather WAW game. And I must annaounce proudly that 3 of them are from Croatia. "

Cool! [&o]

Slightly off topic: I found definitions of both "penalize" *and* "penalise"
http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/penalize
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/penalize

Penalize seems just fine IMHO. Sorry for the rant, please do continue your AAR. [:)]
kondor

Post by kondor »

ORIGINAL: british exil

[:D] Nicely said. I was just looking at your spelling and thought that I ought to deduct 1pp from you. Penalize is spelt with a s penalise. We are in an "english" speaking forum. [;)][:D]

Always this american and english spelling, when are you people from the other side of the Atlantic going to be able to spell things right? [:'(][:D]

The man is wright! And as three of us are from same CRO village I suggest that we switch this AAR to our native tongue... Croatian![:D] (Rafael can ofcourse write things on Spanish...[;)])

Back to game. As you probably already read, I am playing WA. This is first time ever that I play them in WaW so lots of wrong game moves can be expected (especially with navy and supplies distribution...). But I do expect to win those two alcoholics (yes, we can call each other names because we are such good friends! Al of you rest gents-call them Mr. alcoholics [:)]).

Standard first move with Poland, moved arty from town, bombed inf. unit coming from Konigsburg (or some simmilar funny name for a city... real city here is called Babina greda or Špičkovina[:D]), manage to kill few riffles and a horse (merde... I love horses but I would never bring my pet with me to war... those Gerries are obviously crazy...[:'(]).

As Goran (cveta) started the game with historical w. blitz, France is frozen to me. Spent my time looking around the world for production centers/units etc.
Goran is a big fan of subs and he do loves English cigars so I expect he will drop in on England soil ASAP-uninvited ofcourse![:-]
So first step for WA production is more tanks! Just kidding ofcourse[:'(], destroyers II are being built (together with some other top secret stuff).

From our dear friend Cindra (or emperor DiMiJe Sake. (roughly translated to WhereIs Sake in this crude language[:)]) we do not expect lot's of trouble first few turns... My agent in Tokio assures me he is to busy chasing concubines...

82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

glad to have you all on the forums and welcome !

I look forward to playing with you and against you :)
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
Cindra

Post by Cindra »

ORIGINAL: cveta

But back to game - Thanks explorer for this U2 wersion. I was wondering when will you name one of 10.000 wersion of WAW after world famous singer Bono Wox from U2.
In Poland - Warsav is taken but we suffered hawy loses in a proces. 1 fighter and 1 bomber goes down, and in a last round we lose a truck. And some infantry of course. All n all this are way too high loses for a Poland campaign.
Turn to kondor as West.

Hi,
If yo continue to lose your soldiers at that rate, no one will be left to conquer Washington.[:D]

Cindra
explorer2

Post by explorer2 »

After reading Kondor's last post, I'm beginning the think the original source of all things humorous must have been in Croatia [;)]
You guys are hilarious. Makes for fun reading.
srndac

Post by srndac »

And while you guys are writing this AAR, you might as well put a good word in for our beautiful Croatian coast ...
You know - draw in a couple of tourists to our beautiful, clear sea ... with beautiful clean beaches ... and beautiful, curvy maidens ... with big, beautiful bottles of Malvazija (or Teran, if you want - the meaning's the same, anyway) ... [;)] [:D]

cheers!

P.S. blonde Ukrainian tourists would be especially appreciated! [;)]
cveta

Post by cveta »

We will make a comertial propaganda of Croatian coast later - back to game 1st.
Warsav capured last turn and on this one I got a message that Germany recive Axis pressure minor cards, but I didnot get any? IS this a bug again?( grrr I will lose interest in this game becouse of bugs ) I will wait for explorer to tell me is this anather change in this U2 version or is it a bug.
cveta

Post by cveta »

About Croatian coast - it is realy butiful with lots of nice places. Lots of islands, and lots of them are without habitans. Price are somewrer realy higs, and somewere realy cheap ( depend on the size of your bank account ). Girls are the best, but also the hardest to get. All in all - must visit place.
Srndac - is a name of one of the forum frends but it means a dear in Croatian; so I suspect that he is also from this parts of the world? Corect me if I am wrong Srndac
srndac

Post by srndac »

Nope, cveta - yer dead on ... as a matter of fact, I'm looking through my window at that beautiful sea right now.
(actually, I would look at it if there was any daylight left ... but since it's almost 11pm here ... [;)])

Anyway - keep up the good jokes! All true Croats (and a few others as well) are ROFLMAOing at them. [:D]
explorer2

Post by explorer2 »

cveta-
It is accurate that you should not have received Pressure Axis Card.
It is not accurate that you did receive the message.
I'll try to find where that message is in all the code and delete it.
kondor

Post by kondor »

stop spamming our AAR or I'll have you all shot![:D]

AAAA did Hitler run onto his first obstacle?[:)] No one want's to play with you?! Even his dear raving lunatics friends...[:'(] aaaa! I have a solution! Sit in your little sub and come to London and I'll play with you. Mr. Churchill promise! :-)
Or YOU CAN hang your self right now and spare world all the trouble? If not I'll kick the chair in...say...'44? [;)]

We had a storm yesterday so I forgo playing the turn. Will do it tonight (if there will be no Storm 2 on program...)
cveta

Post by cveta »

One little storm here and Mr. Churchill is not able to give orders to his pathetic little armies. I wonder what will hapened when we storm the London?
Hang myseve? You must be kidding - there is no single rope left in Germany. We are building hanging bridges ( is this a name for a bridges made of ropes and woods? ) so we may pass the channel and invade your little land.
Since we didnot get the axis pressure card we canot play it ( WOW - what a smart conclusion ) so I decide to push my troops in Yugoslvia before winter. No rush neded since Titos armies cannot run. Belgrade will produce few turns for west,yes, but it will produce supplays mostly for Yugoslav armies. This wont be a problem, and once axis minors joined me way to Greece will be open. But less troops in France becouse of this. I was thinking a lot about this move; I dont wont to play passivly. Maybe I am wrong about this - time will tell.
Also - is West able to move or produce armies in France ( we chouse historical western blic option ). I cannot declare war to France, Norway, Denmark or Sweedan. Looks like this At game is all about playing cards. Maybe we should play Poker instead.

cveta

Post by cveta »

Winter has cousing suplay problems as usual, but Germany advance taking Zagreb and reaching suburbs of Sarajevo. Yugoslav defenders left only few of their soldiers do defend the city. Other run to Belgrade. Also we herad that Yugoslav soldiers tried to evacuate thru Albania but they cannot do that since Italy is still neutral. Now they must hide in mountains.
In France noting new since there may be no battle due to Western history blic ( or something like that ) option.
But 1st see battle occured. Here are the results. England positioned his ships in 3 hexes above Scapa Flow. We attack, and some of our subs menage to retret. Other left to be attack by Tommies next turn.

Attachments
killcounts.jpg
killcounts.jpg (22.59 KiB) Viewed 217 times
kondor

Post by kondor »

Our evil foe had 22 subs II already! -6=16 still alive...+more no doubt being build in Hamburg...
We had to respond somehow to that unprovoked attack... Remnants of the attacked Home fleet executed counterattack on Kriegsmarine surface fleet and that went very well! But for Z Germans... /facepalm/.
It seems that never BB-s are better then WWI ones[:)]. At least we will not have to use more paint on them, those rusty buckets where more trouble then worth... They where actually depleting my storages like there was no tommorow... I am sad about all those sailors...
IF THAT SHORT, EGOCENTRIC, MANIAC wants war! We shall give hime one!
We shall never surrender! (Maybe only if they have nice worm cells with 3D Tv-s, no mother in law and if they broadcast BBC 1+ finale in which are playing England vs some other bozoes, then we will considare surrender, but only then! [:D])

Attachments
22subs.jpg
22subs.jpg (330.08 KiB) Viewed 217 times

Return to “After Action Reports”