Bug?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Historiker

Bug?

Post by Historiker »

I have a PBEM. The BC Constitution is in Pearl and shall sail home. No event, nothing - I checked all "event" files - but this has happened.
And no, it didn't catch a torpedo!

Is that a bug?

Attachments
BCConst.jpg
BCConst.jpg (24.95 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
hunchback77

RE: Bug?

Post by hunchback77 »

ORIGINAL: Historiker

I have a PBEM. The BC Constitution is in Pearl and shall sail home. No event, nothing - I checked all "event" files - but this has happened.

Is that a bug?

High systems damage of 77 percent on her Historiker. Pumps fail at high systems damage and Floatation and Major Floatation damage can get out of hand in a hurry. In what repair mode was she before the big jump, Readiness, Pierside or Shipyard?
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

CHeck for upgrade.
hunchback77

Post by hunchback77 »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

CHeck for upgrade.

Aren't Upgrades only supposed to happen if the ship has low systems and float damage, Don?
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: hunchback77

CHeck for upgrade.

Aren't Upgrades only supposed to happen if the ship has low systems and float damage, Don?

This is not a stock scenario, so I can not tell. But an upgrade may have caused the damage.
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

It left port with 23 float and the next turn happend what you see.
So is the system damage the most likely explanation? I didn't know that, but that makes sense, at least.
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

It left port with 23 float and the next turn happend what you see.
So is the system damage the most likely explanation? I didn't know that, but that makes sense, at least.

as I´ve seen the same in my PBEM already I doubt it´s a bug. It´s rather one of those bad events when something fails, I had Saratoga doubling her damage she took from two torps. All I got as a message was pumps failing or something like that and that sky rocketed both sys and major flt damage. I did get a message for the happening though.
chesmart

Post by chesmart »

Wow you are the first one to have a capital ship have a major accident. You must be very unlucky !
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Is that a bug?

You have 77 sys damage - that is the culprit. "Systems" abstractly include pumps, damage control, etc.

Get the systems damage as low as you possibly can before sending on the damaged ship - 0 (zero) systems damage is best.

Even then, there is no guarantee. I had an AO creep from Perth toward Cape Town for well over 3 months and almost there when it sank.
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

Ok, thank you guys... or better: "Damn"
The nice ship went down before it could reach the harbour again... [:(]

castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: che200

Wow you are the first one to have a capital ship have a major accident. You must be very unlucky !

I doubt it was one of those major accidents. It was flooding going out of control or something like that, pretty much the same as in historikers example but not with the same consequence. I guess if it would have been one of those major accidents I would have had a message in the op report, like one of those "mine explodes near ACM xy". I got a message during the replay but none in the op report, noticed the message and when I looked at the carrier (it was slightly damaged the turn before) she looked horrible.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

If someone has a save just before, please post it.

Took a look at the process and the only way a ship could be lost with not message is a series of very small steps. Each one just a flooding point or two but happening in herds. Something like that would require amazingly bad random results. A real bitch to try and document too. No one wants to see a series of "BB Flatbottom gains 1 point of damage".

As always, need a save.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

If someone has a save just before, please post it.

Took a look at the process and the only way a ship could be lost with not message is a series of very small steps. Each one just a flooding point or two but happening in herds. Something like that would require amazingly bad random results. A real bitch to try and document too. No one wants to see a series of "BB Flatbottom gains 1 point of damage".

As always, need a save.

sorry, too long ago in my PBEM to still have a save and didn´t know it could have been an anomaly. I definetely know that it was quite some major flt damage increased as I was quite shocked to see my carrier gain that much damage, so it wasn´t like a couple of points. The carrier was at sea at that time. Perhaps I can dig something up in my AAR, but without a save it´s probably pretty much pointless anyway.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

Here´s what I was talking about, it wasn´t Saratoga though. [:D]

The carrier was hit by one torp and had the damage as shown in picture one. Three days later I had one of those "damage messages" and damage went considerable up. There was no attack.

Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (229.79 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

ORIGINAL: castor troy
as I´ve seen the same in my PBEM already I doubt it´s a bug. It´s rather one of those bad events when something fails, I had Saratoga doubling her damage she took from two torps. All I got as a message was pumps failing or something like that and that sky rocketed both sys and major flt damage. I did get a message for the happening though.

The carrier was hit by one torp and had the damage as shown in picture one. Three days later I had one of those "damage messages" and damage went considerable up. There was no attack.

A 1 point increase in sys damage and a 10 point increase in float damage does not seem to severe to me. I've had this happen all the time when the temp shoring/pumps fail.
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
Rainer79

Post by Rainer79 »

I think he is more concerned with the 20 additional major flot damage which will mean a few more months in the drydock. Not that I would mind that very much. [:)]

Castor's willingness to reveal that screenshot also shows off the awesome capacity of the imperial intelligence services who believe Enterprise to be sunk (complete with message in the ops report). Well, it seems another Yorktown is now serving as an artificial reef instead.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

I've looked at the code and I can not find any way that MAJOR float damage can increase without some sort of message. Regular float damage (i.e. flooding) yes, but Major, No.

The messages might be in the combat event scroll. Have y'all looked there?

I just can not do any more without a save.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

A 1 point increase in sys damage and a 10 point increase in float damage does not seem to severe to me. I've had this happen all the time when the temp shoring/pumps fail.

19 points of major flt damage doesn´t seem severe to you. Wow...
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Rainer79

I think he is more concerned with the 20 additional major flot damage which will mean a few more months in the drydock. Not that I would mind that very much. [:)]

Castor's willingness to reveal that screenshot also shows off the awesome capacity of the imperial intelligence services who believe Enterprise to be sunk (complete with message in the ops report). Well, it seems another Yorktown is now serving as an artificial reef instead.

you definetely know me, of course I was more concerned with the 20 additional major flt damage.

The screenshot is old though and you´ve just engaged Enterprise in our one sided carrier engagement anyway. [:D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”