Price?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

htuna

RE: Is it worth the price?

Post by htuna »

Game Looks outstanding...

Price is too high

Singing to the Rolling Stones Song of the same name "I'm just sitting on a fence" [:)]

Should be a poll to see how many Fence Sitters still up there.. out of curiosity, the temptation is just too strong I guess..

BTW since this game came out I bought HOI III Semper Fi.. 20 bucks.. guitar Pro 5 50 bucks.. War in the Pacific AE 50 buckes (ebay)... it's that magic number..
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

I've taken abhorrence at the poster from day 1.

And I've seen a poster named Bill (same guy? Who knows? Probably not) contribute to the closure of the entire forums at Computer Games Online years and years and years ago. Dead. Gone. Once the best forums around.

I do take notice of people's political opinions on forums I visit. I do look for trolling too. And I do look for good forum administration. Erik's been pretty good up till now.

Yeah I took personal offense at the guy's post here and I've never forgotten that post prior either.
daft

Post by daft »

ORIGINAL: billyjj

Wodin.. you are right, this forum would be full of "I feel ripped off" threads, I still find it odd that not a single person has anything negative to say about the game. 

I think I might know why. First, it really is a bloody brilliant game. Hands down one of the best I've played. Secondly, the price is steep, or at least above what most mainstream games sell for these days. I had access to the game since I was involved in beta testing it, yet I decided to fork up up for the retail version for two reasons. I knew it was good since I had done some testing, but I felt it was not fair to play this game for free since I didn't contribute as much to the testing process as some of the other tester did. So I happily paid because I knew it was a good game. I think that with the price where it is, people are taking more responsibility in doing some research before they fork up. Instead of going on impulse, they read, watch the published tutorial movies and listen to what other users and reviewers have to say about the game. That is the chief reason why you don't see much complaining about value for money and such. The majority of buyers have taken responsibility for their spending and actually made informed decisions when they finally buckled and bought it. It's not denial, it is just a case of doing more research for this title compared to a random impulse buy of a game that looks "kinda cool" and sell for a lower price.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Adam Parker
Why is it happening with this game? Well because they all know they paid too much for the game and not a single one of them has the BALLS to say they think it wasn't worth the money.

This from the guy who wrote in the thread "Whose to Blame for Starting WW1?:
The Jews started WW1 in order to financially ruin Europe so that they could grab control, the plan pretty much worked and this is what pissed of the Germans and gave rise to Hitler, the so called "stab in the back" at the peace negotiations. Sorry if this sounds like anti-semitism but its the truth.

Why don't you take your balls to another website?

Do what I did. I pushed the "Green" button. Bye Bye Billyjj!!!
Tony
Ron

Post by Ron »

The polemics are staggering lol! I guess some have an issue with even contemplating apples=apples and prefer apples= Nike shoes or concerts or dinner instead. :) For the record I stated CotA was too expensive for the incremental improvements - all imo of course, however I did buy it, like every other from Panther, to support the developer and the engine. Not now, not at $80, and if I stand alone so be it, for me it is a question of principle and price/value.
cmill1978

Post by cmill1978 »

Well, now that I'm in, I'm in.

I don't understand all of the whining about the price. Panther and Matrix obviously have decided that this game is "special" and the quality and work put into to it deserve a "special" price. I am surprised by the level of immaturity/whining about a game from a game designer and a company which has rarely served us wrong.

The game is worth what it is because that's what it's worth. There is no disparity between value and price because the game is worth it, more than worth it. Quite honestly, I would have paid more.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: christophers

Well, now that I'm in, I'm in.

I don't understand all of the whining about the price. Panther and Matrix obviously have decided that this game is "special" and the quality and work put into to it deserve a "special" price. I am surprised by the level of immaturity/whining about a game from a game designer and a company which has rarely served us wrong.

The game is worth what it is because that's what it's worth. There is no disparity between value and price because the game is worth it, more than worth it. Quite honestly, I would have paid more.

Now let's not get carried away!

How long did it take you to download it? I'm getting ready to pull the "Trigger"!!!
Tony
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

I have HTTR and COTA and have had lots of pleasure from both... but I just can't afford this game at this price...[:(]

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

I have HTTR and COTA and have had lots of pleasure from both... but I just can't afford this game at this price...[:(]

Cheers

Jev

I can understand this....but it really is worth either 1. Don't buy those next two games over however long that would be and save the money to buy this or 2. Ask for it for an Xmas present.

I would rather play this than anyother wargame in my collection at the moment (CMSF with its modules are joint top though and you add them up it comes to about the same price). Especially any operational wargame....this is giving more far more fun than any other operational wargame I've played.
bretg80

Post by bretg80 »

Come on guys, let's start a new thread. This thread is old news. It's a good and game and price shouldn't be an issue anymore. If we're going to take pot shots at each other, let's create a pot shots thread and go at it.[8D]

I'll be back
MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

It would be better if we just passed around the pot and then we'd all get mellow and Wodin could start a round of Kum by yah my lord Kum by yah. lmao[:-]
blastpop

Post by blastpop »

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Cheers

Jev

I've been playing COTA and having a good bit of fun with it. So that is the current low cost alternative- already paid for.
Mark
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns

It would be better if we just passed around the pot and then we'd all get mellow and Wodin could start a round of Kum by yah my lord Kum by yah. lmao[:-]

Take a drag or two thats what you do...

yeah man....lets get groovy and all...
billyjj

Post by billyjj »

ORIGINAL: Treale

ORIGINAL: Adam Parker
Why is it happening with this game? Well because they all know they paid too much for the game and not a single one of them has the BALLS to say they think it wasn't worth the money.

This from the guy who wrote in the thread "Whose to Blame for Starting WW1?:
The Jews started WW1 in order to financially ruin Europe so that they could grab control, the plan pretty much worked and this is what pissed of the Germans and gave rise to Hitler, the so called "stab in the back" at the peace negotiations. Sorry if this sounds like anti-semitism but its the truth.

Why don't you take your balls to another website?

Do what I did. I pushed the "Green" button. Bye Bye Billyjj!!!

For someone that has been ignoring me for weeks you are really spending a lot of time reading through old threads.... Guess what no one cares, I could create a new account and make you my best friend but why bother, get a life you loser. This is a price thread about battle of the bulge not some personal gripe.
MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

Has the price changed yet?
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I'm pretty sure Dave said in a post that the price wasn't coming down
Alba gu' brath
wodin

Post by wodin »

Major is taking the mick I believe JD....
kipanderson

RE: Price?

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

I have not posted before about price but now I have had the game for some days and got to know it I thought I would have my say.

My first reaction on seeing the price was for my jaw to drop.... near £70 for a wargame is new territory. I did hold off buying it for some days as a result but then jumped in.

Now I have played the game, read the four long detailed manuals, built some scenarios I do think it is worth the money when compared to what you get from other wargames. Compared to what you get from all other wargames, and I have played all the serious or semi serious ones, it is very good value. Still a huge amount of money, but you get a huge amount for your money.

In my view, and each to their own, only Combat Mission and Scourge of War can hold their own with BftB. And those two can hold their own, but only those two.

When you think what you pay £30 for in wargames, for BftB at £70 you get twice, three times as much pound for pound.

All the best,
Kip.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

ORIGINAL: kipanderson

Hi,

I have not posted before about price but now I have had the game for some days and got to know it I thought I would have my say.

My first reaction on seeing the price was for my jaw to drop.... near £70 for a wargame is new territory. I did hold off buying it for some days as a result but then jumped in.

Now I have played the game, read the four long detailed manuals, built some scenarios I do think it is worth the money when compared to what you get from other wargames. Compared to what you get from all other wargames, and I have played all the serious or semi serious ones, it is very good value. Still a huge amount of money, but you get a huge amount for your money.

In my view, and each to their own, only Combat Mission and Scourge of War can hold their own with BftB. And those two can hold their own, but only those two.

When you think what you pay £30 for in wargames, for BftB at £70 you get twice, three times as much pound for pound.

All the best,
Kip.
I know [;)]
Alba gu' brath
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Just made the purchase,now I need to get through the family visits so i can return home to download it.Must say this is a good thread as a  motivator to buy.It irks me that so many want to tell others how to run a business and failing that have to go through mental gymnastics to denigrate a fine work to influence other people.

Return to “Command Ops Series”