new tutorials?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

bairdlander2

new tutorials?

Post by bairdlander2 »

Are any new tutorials being released besides the ones that come with the game?
Arjuna

RE: new tutorials?

Post by Arjuna »

No, not at this stage. Some have asked us to reopen the Panther War College that we started for COTA and that they would like to see more movies covering the different phases of war - eg delaying actions, defensive battles etc. The main issue there is that developing the movies takes a significant amount of time and effort and we would need to recoup that by charging a fee. If there is enough interest then we can consider this more when I get back from my visit to the US later this month.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
cmill1978

Post by cmill1978 »

I would pay for more tutorials!

I would also pay for a Command Ops on the Eastern Front! [;)]
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

No, not at this stage. Some have asked us to reopen the Panther War College that we started for COTA and that they would like to see more movies covering the different phases of war - eg delaying actions, defensive battles etc. The main issue there is that developing the movies takes a significant amount of time and effort and we would need to recoup that by charging a fee. If there is enough interest then we can consider this more when I get back from my visit to the US later this month.

You have indeed put a lot of effort into the tutorials, pretty excellent in all aspects. The implementation of planning and assessments while explaining the games adds a lot more than just introducing players to the game system. Its more like a crash course for WW2 brigade commander than just a game tutorial.

In the meantime I would suggest that newcomers to the series that need more "gameplay" help I would recommend to look up actual military handbooks on operations and planning. Lessons learned in reality is in their full extent also applicable in BFTB

I need more time to play with the game before I start to post anything usueful and start to call for PWC to re-open its doors.

I would btw pay for that this game never covers the eastern front [:-][;)]

wodin

Post by wodin »

Pergite you kill joy...I will double what you would pay not to see the eastern front to see the eastern front...

As far as tutorial go...One tutorial on one of the large scenarios would be enough for me...just to see how you go about planning and what level you issue orders at etc would be a great help...once I had seen it doen with a commentary I would feel alot more comfortable tackling the larger scenarios..
bretg80

Post by bretg80 »

Arjuna,

What tool did you use to make the movies with?

Bret
I'll be back
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

I used Camtasia. However, to be frank, I don't like it that much. It has lots of problems especially with larger files. To do the tutorials I had to break them up into 15 or so smaller movies first. It's good for short grabs and simple edits. Less so for longer ones and complex edits. It probably crashed on me 40 to 50 times over the course of the production. It's relativly cheap though and that was all we could afford. I'm going to look around for a better product once we get some royalties in.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Command Ops Series”