Where's my Yellow Line

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Rik81

Where's my Yellow Line

Post by Rik81 »

I guess this game is too much for me. I've watched the tutorial video too many times, I've read pages 57-58 in the manual and I still can't issue a simple Attack order! Hold Shift/Release Shift blah blah blah. Something is not working for me.

I wish the text from the movies was available in a printed form, maybe that would help.
Lützow

RE: Where's my Yellow Line

Post by Lützow »

Hold the shift-key and click once to set staging area, preferably out of enemy sight, release shift-key and click again for assault objective. That's all.
James Sterrett

Post by James Sterrett »

For a simple attack order:

Click on an HQ
Press & release "A" on the keyboard
Click on the objective

Done!

For an order with waypoints:

Click on an HQ
Press & release "A" on the keyboard
Hold down Shift
Click on the various points leading up to the objective, in order
Release shift (or don't)
Click on the objective (and, if you kept holding Shift, press & release "Escape")

Done!

Rik81

Post by Rik81 »

Well it sounds simple enough, however, I'm not getting in "yellow line" such as shown in the tutorial. Maybe it's just my eyes. (Though I do see the line in the movie!)
James Sterrett

Post by James Sterrett »

Are you getting any waypoints at all? If not, ensure the "display orders" button at the bottom of the sacreen is selected (looks "pressed in").
Rik81

Post by Rik81 »

THANK YOU! I surely don't remember that being mentioned in the movie. BTW on my screen that button is called "show tasks" and it is the next to the last button towards the right of the long string of buttons. Glad to find out I haven't gone completely blind!
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

My question is sort of similiar,I get the initial yellow lines to the fup and the objective.But after that when i give new orders to those units I dont get a fup option.is this because I have to wait untill they reorg after they attack before new fup/attack orders can be given?
James Sterrett

Post by James Sterrett »

Bairdlander, I'm not sure I understand...

Your first orders go in as expected.

Then you repeat the process and it works differently?

--  Keep in mind that the FUP is automatically assigned as the next-to-last waypoint; if you assign only one waypoint there's no FUP & the AI will figure one out.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

During the tutorial i follow the directions,click 51btn hq,issue attack order north of the unit (for fup) while holding down shift,release shift after final destination north of Steinbeck bridge.Ok I get the yellow line of fup to attack area.Start game,battle take bridge.When I try to give new orders to 51btn hq,I dont get a fup just a final destination(Im giving attack order).Why no yellow line or fup available[&:][&:]
wodin

Post by wodin »

You have to give a new FUP...you have to repeat those actions whenever you want todo an attack.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Thats the problem,the only option I get with attack is a black arrow and i can choose a destination,cant choose fup and no yellow lines.I will try again tonite.Could it be becuase the units are reorganizing after their initial attack[&:]
James Sterrett

Post by James Sterrett »

Reorg shouldn't keep you from giving new orders.

I'm failing to replicate the issue from your description. Could you provide a few screenshots of the black arrow situation?

bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Ok,once the said units completed their first order,they were able to get new fup and new orders.

Return to “Command Ops Series”