What a shame and very upset

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wodin

What a shame and very upset

Post by wodin »

Oh dear....I'm devoted to this engine and I've been priced out.....

If loyal fans aren't buying god knows how your going to attract new blood Arjuna...

I'm really upset to be honest...I was so looking forward to this game and all the future releases....yeah its got an est editor but to charge what nearly £70 I've never paid that much for a game...

I'd rather there was no Est Editor and it was £20 cheaper, as I will never see the Est Editor in action anyway.

Terrible pricing policy could be the nail in the coffin for this game...What a damn shame...

I feel like calling in the promise made a year and a half ago of a free game for beating heroin addiction!![;)][:D]
wodin

RE: What a shame and very upset

Post by wodin »

Hmmm.. just been thinking lets see how much NWS end up selling it for.....fingers crossed.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Wodin,

As you haven't bought the game yet, how do you know an Estab Editor is included? Based on the Wargamer article? I see no mention of it anywhere in the specs, etc.

Should read before I write! I see Erik mentioned it was included in another thread. Sorry.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

It was talked about in the Wargamer forum, IIRC.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Kubel

Post by Kubel »

Wodin
I fully understand your plight, in Canada 6-7 years ago our $ was about 63 cents US today its around 94 cents...it make purchases much better. Also I purchase figures from Baccus 6mm in the UK and the pound has taken a pounding in the last year (bad joke) allowing me to get more figures for the $.

The instability in the world economy has played havoc with exchange rates and people running to the US $.

I just purchased the game it is $110 CDN physical and digital delivered; sure hope I like it its my first crack at this game engine. Hopefully you can end up getting the game and enjoy it as much as the others.

Cheers
Don
Don
"Our profession should always be crowned by heroic death in battle" Generalfeldmarschall Fedor von Bock
hgilmer3

Post by hgilmer3 »

Good luck, Don, I hope you love it. :)
KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Hey Wodin,

I don't know you, but you've been waving the flag about this game for some time now. So you should have it.

Unfortunately, I am in the U.S. But give me your mailing address and I can help you out. Problem is, I am clueless on what "PM" is and you may not want to post your address publicly.

Let me know, brother!

Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

"PM" = private message.

Send him a private message.  It will appear in his inbox and also in you're outbox.

-

MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

I wonder how much the game would cost in Greece? [:'(]
Panther Paul

Post by Panther Paul »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Wodin,

As you haven't bought the game yet, how do you know an Estab Editor is included? Based on the Wargamer article? I see no mention of it anywhere in the specs, etc.

Should read before I write! I see Erik mentioned it was included in another thread. Sorry.

Hi,

Yes, the Estab Editor is included.

Will be interesting to see if we get some of the more obscure conflicts modelled [:)]
Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd
DiggyDad

Post by DiggyDad »

I would love to buy this game but how do I explain to my wife I want a $70 game? We can buy alot of groceries for that! Holy Cow, you guys have fun playing this one, Ill have to play DW and FOF some more.
David W. Burrows
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

$70 will buy enough groceries for a few days. It will also buy entertainment for a couple of years.

If you can't make ends meet, then by all means, pass on it. But, if you have disposable income and like wargaming, it will cost you pennies per hour over its lifetime.
Laramie

Post by Laramie »

Wait a minute. $70? On my order page the price shows up as a penny less than $80 (for the download version - another 10 for the physical).
CoreDuo E6850
MSI P6N 680i Diamond
BFG GTX260 216 cores - OC Maxcore 55
Forceware 191.07
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
WinXP Pro
2 gig RAM
Saitek X52 PRO.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Go back a couple of years I'd be happy to pay $70 as that would have been around £40....the game after VAT costs £73!

Remember here in the UK everything is far more expensive than the States...food...bills..clothes....I have £150 a week to live on...bills...food and a 9 year old daughter...luckly my rent is paid...

I also understand the argument about time played per pounds spent...thats something I agree on...it's just that its not to expensive on principle but I actually can't afford to pay it.
GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy »

ORIGINAL: Panther Paul

Yes, the Estab Editor is included.

Will be interesting to see if we get some of the more obscure conflicts modelled [:)]

Hi Paul,

just to verify, since the MATRIX PRODUCT PAGE does not state the inclusion of the editor ANYWHERE:
Are we talking about the inclusion of a fully working estab editor, that will not restrict a given scenario designer in any way?

Is that the original estab editor or a "pimped" editor (as in a more user-friendly "retail"-version). Is the editor or its use limited in any way?

Will Panther provide support for the estab editor?
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy »

So, can someone enlighten me here, please?

Simo?
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
boatrigm

Post by boatrigm »

If you look under "Features" on the main game page it shows:

An Estab Editor to modify or create Forces, Equipment, Ammo, Formations, etc.

milkweg

Post by milkweg »

I can afford it but the reason I can afford it in the first place is by making smart purchases and at $83.00 CAD for what is just a game I don't see it as a smart purchase. That means no buy until I see a price drop even if I can afford it.
Henri

Post by Henri »

Well, IMHO the video tutorials alone are worth $30 (I'm going over them for the second time after trying to repeat what I saw from memory with disastrous results...[:'(]), so then it is really a $50 game. Does that make you feel better?[:D]

So get over it already. Don't buy it or buy it, but let's drop the handwringing. Matrix made a decision and they will live with it, and complaining isn't going to change the price.

Henri
DBeves

Post by DBeves »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Oh dear....I'm devoted to this engine and I've been priced out.....

If loyal fans aren't buying god knows how your going to attract new blood Arjuna...

I'm really upset to be honest...I was so looking forward to this game and all the future releases....yeah its got an est editor but to charge what nearly £70 I've never paid that much for a game...

I'd rather there was no Est Editor and it was £20 cheaper, as I will never see the Est Editor in action anyway.

Terrible pricing policy could be the nail in the coffin for this game...What a damn shame...

I feel like calling in the promise made a year and a half ago of a free game for beating heroin addiction!![;)][:D]

Now this may only apply to uk customers ..

But out of curiosity I went to NWS

For him to ship the game (and this includes postage to UK is $77.98) ... at the current Paypal exchange rate that equates to £55 i just did this .... Now that is £25 less than if I bought from the matrix store

He doesnt charge VAT - and I have never paid import duty on anything he sent me..

Just an idea for those in the uk for whom that price may be more acceptable - and you get a physical copy into the bargain.

Return to “Command Ops Series”