Espionage question

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Yarasala

Espionage question

Post by Yarasala »

I have a question about espionage success probabilities:

When I assign an agent on a mission it seems the displayed success probability only depends on the skill of that agent. Now, is that because

- enemy empires have never agents on counterintelligence?

- I cannot know how many counterintelligence agents there are and so the displayed probablity is only true if there are none, but in reality it may be much smaller depending on the real number of counterintelligence agents?

- the game was designed so that always the real probablilty (taking counterintelligence into account) should be displayed but it doesn't work?

From my observations so far it seems enemy counterintelligence is either non-existent or does at least not work very well.

Erik / Elliot: There sure is a formula how counterintelligence decreases enemy agent success probablity. Care to share that formula with us so that we can better estimate how many counterintelligence agents we need?

And one suggestion as well: if we have an agent in deep cover within an empire, give us information about the number of enemy counterintelligence agents.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”