Where to buy?

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

Foolio

Where to buy?

Post by Foolio »

Hello all...

I played the demo of RDOA and loved it. There doesn't seem to be a demo of COTA, so I'm wary about buying it without trying first especially at £30+.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy COTA a realistic price? Personally I think £30+ for a game which is several years old is asking a lot.

Thanks
First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie...
Arjuna

RE: Where to buy?

Post by Arjuna »

Foolio,

Welcome. There is no demo for COTA. But if you enjoyed the RDOA demo, then you will love COTA. Our newest game, Battles from the Bulge is nearing release. Once that is out we'll work up a demo for it. It will take a bit of time before it's out though.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
OlegHasky

Post by OlegHasky »

My sugestion for Your 30+ worries would be to look allaround, and realize, that most players after buying it have no dubts about that this piece of art is worth it ..even more.

Grim.Reaper:
With the release getting near, any word on potential price of the game? I'm sure whatever it will be, it will be worth it

and thats just one example..

Though You can always write a letter to Santa..[;)]
Time Elapsed.
Foolio

Post by Foolio »

Thanks for the replies.

I've been keeping an eye on BftB, hopefully it will be out soon.

Regarding the pricing. I'm looking for something a bit more strategic than the usual crop of WWII RTS game that flood the market. I'm new to games of this type, so the prospect of paying £30 for a game that is several years old that I may find too complex/challenging would put a lot of people off (including me), and demo or more budget pricing would encourage more people to experience Airborne Assault I think.

Having said that, we all have to make money some how [;)]
Foolio

Post by Foolio »

I've had a look at the video for BftB and it looks excellent.

I think I will wait for that rather than get COTA. It will be a complete change from the games I am used to playing so I'm looking forward to it. It'll be like going back to school!

Cheers
Foolio

Post by Foolio »

I bought it and love it! Oh me of little faith...;)

Just working through the tutorials at the minute. The interface is simplicity itself, but i expect the picking up the finer points of military tactics will take forever to pick up.

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”