Ship Upgrades

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Bondo16

Ship Upgrades

Post by Bondo16 »

I have my first set of ships due for upgrades. Which port do they to be in and they should be disbanded right?
rtrapasso

RE: Ship Upgrades

Post by rtrapasso »

Depending on the version/mod you are playing (somewhat), but basically you need to disband them in a port with a repair shipyard... S.F., L.A., Pearl Harbor, Sydney, Melbourne, Columbo, Calcutta, Bombay are pretty good choices for the Allies... the bigger the repair facility, the faster the upgrade/subsequent repairs will be done (the upgrade is done more or less in one turn, but it causes SYS damage which needs to be repaired).

Also, you need to have the ship in question below a minimum SYS damage before an upgrade will take place... the amount of damage depends on the DUR of the ship (i.e., a BB might need to have only 4 SYS or so before an upgrade will take place, but subs could have more SYS damage and still get an upgrade.)
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

Bondo, you might want to get something called WITPtracker - there are some ships that have upgrades you DO not want, others however you pretty much need. WITPtracker allows you to "compare" and see if the upgrades worth it.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Bondo16

Post by Bondo16 »

Oh I do have tracker and have looked up what is being upgraded and it's all beneficial for the set of DD's. I am playing as the Japanese, rtrapasso but I will send them to the port with the largest repair yard on the mainland. Thanks for the help guys!

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”