Tutorial

This revised and updated turn-based grand strategy game from the team at AGEOD brings players back to World War I, including both the Eastern and Western fronts and over 4 campaigns and 10 scenarios. As either a member of the Central Powers, the Entente or a neutral nation, players will confront the epic gauntlet of military and political challenges that faced the likes of Kitchener, Joffre, Luddendorf, Clemenceau, Czar Nicholas II or Enver Pasha.
tgb

Tutorial

Post by tgb »

It would have been nice to have had it updated to at least the new map orientation and interface. Also, tutorials for naval warfare and Grand Offensives are sorely needed.
junk2drive

RE: Tutorial

Post by junk2drive »

Guess we need a tutorial for the forums too.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: tgb

It would have been nice to have had it updated to at least the new map orientation and interface. Also, tutorials for naval warfare and Grand Offensives are sorely needed.
I agree,they should have updated with tutorials.
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

[:D]
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
htuna

Post by htuna »

I didn't know the Forums had maps!!!! [:D]
JWW

Post by JWW »

The forum tutorials were never updated after the latest forum patch, so it is very confusing.  And where is the forum demo?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Matrix doesn't do demos. I read it on the internet.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

Just look at the Forum screenshots and some AAR's and you'll know if you want to buy Forum: Moderator's Edition or not
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Forum:Moderators Edition is vapourware. I'm afraid we're all stuck with Forum v1.263728192837465

There is no demo for the v1.263728192837466 forums because they're in BETA at the moment. [:D]
Alba gu' brath
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: cmurphy625

I didn't know the Forums had maps!!!! [:D]

RTFM! RTFM! *grin*
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
JasonPratt

Post by JasonPratt »

Joking aside:

WWIGold itself has three tutorial scenarios, all of which are based on the Tannenburg scenario (where Russia kicks off her side of the war by getting her butt kicked in an overly optimistic invasion of East Prussia.) The tutorials are entirely updated with the new map, so far as I can tell.

I haven't played Tutorial 3 yet, so I don't know (yet) if Grand Offensives and naval warfare are covered. I am, however, making tentative plans to create a tutorial thread. (I won't mind in the least if someone beats me to it, though.[:D])

Nor do I know if the tutorial for WWIVanilla has been patched up to speed in any regard.
"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street
wodin

Post by wodin »

The tutorials aren't updated at all. Infact it even tells you to move a unit to an area that doesnt exist anymore in the game Soldau.

The programmer says he hopes to make new tutroials for the gold edition.
FNG

Post by FNG »

As a total newbie to WW1, the tutorial is in fact counter-productive. I have done some RTFMing and worked out how to do some things that are different to the tutorial. Another thing to note is that the scenarios do not specify any of the objectives, nor have I found anything in the manual... I have played Tannenburg several times as both sides with no clear idea of how to gain VPs.

I am also having regular CTDs (drivers up to date etc.). To summarise, I like the look and feel of this game, but I am struggling to love it due to these little niggles. I appreciate that there is a steep learning curve and it is a very complex game, but the UI can be remarkably uninformative about what is going on - several on-screen messages appear in fairly random places, especially during battles.
FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: wodin

The tutorials aren't updated at all. Infact it even tells you to move a unit to an area that doesnt exist anymore in the game Soldau.

That was driving me crazy
JasonPratt

Post by JasonPratt »

Must be in tutorial 3, then, because the areas in tutorial 2 are all extant. Also, up through tutorial 2, everything mentioned in the tutorial text is present in the game.

Either that, or new tutorials have already been designed and implemented and I got an early beta patch when I downloaded or something. (I'm on version 1.0.8.)
"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street
JasonPratt

Post by JasonPratt »

I have played Tannenburg several times as both sides with no clear idea of how to gain VPs.

Now that I think of it, btw, pursuant to my last comment, there was an extra infantry or something that seemed to be stacked in the southern Army headquarters, that the tutorial instructions didn't seem to mention. This was a problem, because the infantry was originally native to that Army, and that Army had initial instruction requiring it to assault Tannenburg. Consequently, when I tried to end the turn the system wouldn't let me because the proper Corps were not all assigned to attack Tannenburg: one of that Army's corps were still behind as a detachment.

I will add, however, that it's possible I accidentally deattached it myself while trying to follow tutorial instructions for detaching weaker infantry (who would slow down the advance). As with most tutorials, it's certainly easy to break it.[;)]
uncc

Post by uncc »

ORIGINAL: JasonPratt

Must be in tutorial 3, then, because the areas in tutorial 2 are all extant. Also, up through tutorial 2, everything mentioned in the tutorial text is present in the game.

Either that, or new tutorials have already been designed and implemented and I got an early beta patch when I downloaded or something. (I'm on version 1.0.8.)

Soldau is mentioned in Step 7 in Tutorial 2 and I wasted many minutes looking for it [:@] before giving up and just moving the unit to where I thought it should go...
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once -- David Hume, Scottish philosopher (1711 - 1776)
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

The incoming beta patch 1.08C fixes the mistake of Soldau, that is Masuren indeed.
htuna

Post by htuna »

Darn.. wasting time looking for Soldau as well!!! [:(]
hermanhum

Tutorial

Post by hermanhum »

Chalk me up as another dumbass who wasted an hour looking for Soldau while trying to run the demo.  I cannot believe that they have not bothered to spend the 30 seconds needed to correct this problem since everyone and his dog pretty much approaches the game via the tutorials.  [:(]

Return to “World War One Gold”